Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with your first few points. It is just another example of our club being shafted by a competition that have NFI and they just make decisions on the run. If we had any heads up, there was no way in the world we would have traded for Johnson no matter how good we thought he might be. We gave up our 1st round pick for Johnson (pick 4) and that picked ended up being pick 2 after the trade was done. It wasn't the club's fault, it was the AFL's.

I remembered all that and agree it sucked - but even with pick 4 with the likes of McVeigh & Mackie on the table, it was a poor outcome. The real revisionist history on this tale certain types don't want to accept is that the club had the chance to get Kane a year earlier for a straightswap for Ben Holland. Instead, the club resigned him to a large contract he didn't deserve to entice him to stay and not "go home". A couple of years later we traded Ben to Melbourne for a 2nd round pick (Alex Gilmore) & Ben tried to sue the club & Clinton Casey for reneging on a property deal, settling out of court.

RCD has put on 5kgs of muscle and is now a 193cm 98kg beast and will probally monster both Tarrant and hopper and even cripps is starting to look weedy against him.

Too bad he can’t play footy

RCD putting on muscle will make him less aerobic. So what is ceiling going to be, Charlie Constable?

If he was 5cm shorter (or average mid height) he would have been off the list 2 years ago.
Might not have been drafted even, or much lower, but it was his pretty unique combination of speed and size that we took a punt on. He was always a development project but the problem was he hasn't got much better over 4 seasons and then along come a couple of A graders and off you go, try somewhere else. I reckon he has a fair chance of grabbing a rookie spot because he is still developing and he was not awful at the highest level when he did play just basically not fit enough. Had a pretty good VFL season especially later in it.

Not going to surprise me at all to see him on the St Kilda Rookie list for 2023

They were trying to do the Carlton deal with Adelaide that got Stocker to get RCD
Was 4yrs ago.
Lot of water(trickle) gone under the bridge since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back