Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

there is quite a decent amount of research around why people don't go to the police for experiences of DV. There certainly isn't one simple answer. But since the question has been asked about 50 thousand times so far in the last two days, and also so obviously used as a blight on their character for not doing so, maybe havin a quick look through research around it would be a place to start?

The research you keep going on about is bush towns and small communities, where the police / sherrifs have too much of a close relationship with those involved including the offender. So victims get scared and go to the employer as the next option. Which is good.

But we're in Melbourne my friend. You go to an employer for issues with services rendered. "the maccas staff spat in my food". Not for DV.

The AFL cannot protect her, the AFL cannot give her compensation, the AFL cannot do s**t for her other than facilitate a revenge act.

Choosing to go to the AFL/club before the cops is suuuuuussss as all hell

Last edited:
The research you keep going on about is bush towns and small communities, where the police / sherrifs have too much of a close relationship with those involved including the offender. So victims get scared and go to the employer as the next option. Which is good.

But we're in Melbourne my friend. You go to an employer for issues with services rendered. "the maccas staff spat in my food". Not for DV.

The AFL cannot protect her, the AFL cannot give her compensation, the AFL cannot do s**t for her other than facilitate a revenge act.

Choosing to go to the AFL/club before the cops is suuuuuussss as all hell
Keep going on about? You mean that one thing i posted alluding to research about people dont go to the police for DV? Feeling sensitive today?

Also, no, its not a small town thing, friend.

She may well have gone to the cops who said "Look, we tried last year but him sending you shitty break up texts isn't actually illegal".

And Tarryn might have beat her senseless with a firepoker. While from a North perspective I hope this all turns out to be nothing, I think this sort of speculation isn't helpful.

And Tarryn might have beat her senseless with a firepoker. While from a North perspective I hope this all turns out to be nothing, I think this sort of speculation isn't helpful.
The speculation of him beating her senseless with a firepoker or the speculation of her suspect motives isn’t helpful?

Surely if that happened he'd be behind bars and she'd have been in hospital.

On CPH2069 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have no problem with the Complaints Line; I even started a Thread on complaining that’s into its second incarnation

Natural World What GIF by BBC Earth
Can we complain to the complaints line about journalists and the media ? 🤔

Wishing Tarryn all the best. Get yourself right mate.
Learn from this in terms of choice of partner. If you have done things you regret (anger or comments you would like to take back), learn from this situation.
Get regular counseling to help you talk about this difficult time and any relationship issues you need help with … and talk to friends that you value for their honesty and care.

Wishing anyone affected my sympathy - please seek support. This story involves young people working it out.
To the rest of us, don’t assume, don’t speculate - only harms those mentioned, and helps irresponsible and uncaring media types.

Take care, TT. Love your footy and know growing up with some of the things affecting your family would not be easy. 🌈

Can we complain to the complaints line about journalists and the media ? 🤔
I doubt that many of them are actually journalists. Nepo bubs and ex-players on the teet doing biased sports reports is a more apt descriptor.

Somehow, in the depth of my soul I still retain a modicum of belief that journalists have a smidgen of integrity.

But anyway, if you complain nothing happens...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Around 44% of lesbian and 61% of bisexual women have experienced forms of rape and physical violence by an intimate partner as compared to 35% of straight women. 26% of gay men and 37% of bisexual men have experienced forms of rape and physical violence by an intimate partner compared to 29% of straight men.

Don’t ask me where these stats come from. It’s just the first ones which pop up on google. It’s pretty unanimous though, that lesbians experience more dv than straight women. The real kicker is gay men experience the least amount.

Anyway, you probably asking what the hell has this got to do with Tarryn? Probably nothing, I just find it interesting how it debunks the abusive male stereotype and that you must believe women because they are frail and innocent.
I am not super surprised about the stat on bisexual women. Not sure if the outright numbers are accurate without knowing the sets of data, but just the general pattern.

I doubt that many of them are actually journalists. Nepo bubs and ex-players on the teet doing biased sports reports is a more apt descriptor.

Somehow, in the depth of my soul I still retain a modicum of belief that journalists have a smidgen of integrity.

But anyway, if you complain nothing happens...

Wait another decade

AI is coming

Journalism the worst career choice

lost john locke GIF

Mate if Tarryn had beat her senseless with a fire poker the cops would have charged him

If this female is just making waves because she is hurt from getting dumped - would be a new low for the media

Lol nah stock standard of the trade forever - jilted lover tells all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back