Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure that it was lack of fitness that kept him out of the side at the end of last year, there were clearly other things going on in the background that the club was aware of.

Once TT regained his fitness he was toying with the VFL at the end of their season, without any of the off field drama he would have walked into our Round 22 and 23 AFL teams on form and fitness.

I agree. He was better than JHF in that Coburg game and deserved to play the final round ahead of him but it was apparent that a line had been drawn in the sand.

AFL 2023: Tarryn Thomas to return in VFL this weekend​

Tarryn Thomas will make his return to the playing field this weekend for the Kangaroos as skipper Luke McDonald revealed Thomas addressed the group following the allegations against him
Lauren Wood

@LaurenHeraldSun

10 min read
March 9, 2023 - 6:04PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

North Melbourne co-captain Luke McDonald has revealed Tarryn Thomas recently addressed the playing group in the wake of explosive allegations surrounding his treatment of women.

Thomas, 22, will return to the field this weekend where he is set to play two quarters of a VFL practice match.

The Kangaroos player was charged in January with a single count of threatening to distribute an intimate image which is yet to be heard, with further allegations levelled from multiple women in relation to threatening behaviour.

In February, he stepped away from the club before returning later that month with the club ordering he complete an extensive education program.

McDonald said to have heard directly from Thomas in relation to the issue was a significant step.

“He’s spoken to the group. He got up and it was good to hear from him,” he said.

“There’s obviously not too much I can say, but it was good to hear from him and it is good to have him around. He’s had a program that he’s had to do over the last couple of months that he’s followed and he seems in a better place.”
Thomas will return in the VFL this weekend. Pic: Michael Klein

Thomas will return in the VFL this weekend. Pic: Michael Klein

The league is still monitoring Thomas’ charge which is still before the courts.

McDonald said to see his teammate back playing was a result of dedication to the respectful education process put before him.

“As a teammate, you’re there to support him and to support all your teammates,” he said.

“Tarryn’s been through a lot over the last few months and probably a couple of years. But the club’s put a really strong program in place to help him and he’s followed that to a tee and that’s why he’ll be playing VFL this week. It’s good to have him back around the club.”
McDonald said players felt “lucky” to be developing under the tutelage of new coach Alastair Clarkson, who himself was in the headlines last month after a confrontation with a journalist.

“The thing with Clarko is throughout his whole time in footy is he’s so loyal to his players,” he said.
“And just protects his players. There’s no doubt he addressed that (issue).
“But I love his loyalty as a coach. At the end of the day when you’re a player, other than your other teammates the one you want most to have your back is your coach. There’s no doubt about that with Clarko. We’re lucky to have him as a coach.”
McDonald said the anticipation and excitement he felt for the season ahead was the strongest he had enjoyed in 10 years playing AFL, despite not one AFL captain tipping the Roos to make the top eight this season in a survey con

OK - I am trying to choose my words carefully with this update. As I understand the current situation is that several (not sure how many) of the accusers were re-interviewed by Police after the Hun article suggesting their complaints were not taken seriously. My understanding is that these updated complaints have not yet been resolved in terms of what, if any further charges would ensue. The stories I hear are not good but doesn't mean they are gospel. This may fade away with just the one current revenge pr0n charge, or it may escalate if the Police prosecute other complaints. Up to the Police now. IMHO TT has the right to earn a living whilst there are no other charges. Whilst I, and many others, are uncomfortable with the current status, anyone is innocent until proven guilty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have obviously lived a sheltered life if you believe life is that black and white.

Where did I say life is blank and white?

I’ve led the opposite to a sheltered life, I’ve made plenty of really bad decisions in my life and if it wasn’t for the decisions I finally made to pull my head in I’d probably be dead.

Pretty stupid analogy since Scott is actually "sticking a flag into the service of the moon".

The fact Bailey is studying astrophysics and may actually harbour ambitions to go to the moon makes it a good analogy.

He might even have a choice.

But he won’t have the choice to be a top 5 player in the AFL. Thomas has the choice and he didn’t get to this level of talent without a strong desire to play the game.

The fact Bailey is studying astrophysics and may actually harbour ambitions to go to the moon makes it a good analogy.

He might even have a choice.

But he won’t have the choice to be a top 5 player in the AFL. Thomas has the choice and he didn’t get to this level of talent without a strong desire to play the game.
What Scott is studying is irrelevant to your analogy. It was about your desire to walk the moon in relation to TT and BS desire to be the best footballer they can be.

TT, at the moment is a footballer going backwards while Scott continues to improve his game. Sure TT has more tricks, but it means shit if you’re not prepared to develop your game.

I don’t understand how anyone can argue against it. TT hasn’t come close to living up to his potential and at the moment Scott is the better footballer. It’s up to TT to prove he is better, let’s see if he can.

What Scott is studying is irrelevant to your analogy. It was about your desire to walk the moon in relation to TT and BS desire to be the best footballer they can be.

TT, at the moment is a footballer going backwards while Scott continues to improve his game. Sure TT has more tricks, but it means s**t if you’re not prepared to develop your game.

I don’t understand how anyone can argue against it. TT hasn’t come close to living up to his potential and at the moment Scott is the better footballer. It’s up to TT to prove he is better, let’s see if he can.

At best you are oversimplifying it.

The difference between the two is not a few more tricks.

I’ve got nothing but love for Bailey but to use another analogy here, one of these blokes is a Kia Sorento running beautifully, the other is a Lamborghini unserviced and out of fuel.

Clarko might be able to tow TT to the servo, or not….but there’s a clear difference between the machines.

At best you are oversimplifying it.

The difference between the two is not a few more tricks.

I’ve got nothing but love for Bailey but to use another analogy here, one of these blokes is a Kia Sorento running beautifully, the other is a Lamborghini unserviced and out of fuel.

Clarko might be able to tow TT to the servo, or not….but there’s a clear difference between the machines.
No one's arguing against that. But considering the Sorrento was car of the year 2 years ago I'll take several of those in our fleet. Oh, and the Lamborghini has a shit paint job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back