#29 Jayden Hunt - joins WCE as a free agent, pick 52 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

God i hope they have his hammys in good condition. Dont want him going the way of flash

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Incidentally, the back issues he had his first few years would have hopefully sorted that. The two are so heavily related that the strength work he would have done with his back will have done wonders for a lot of the hamstring troubles he may have encountered

I actually thought his kicking was decent tonight, lowered the eyes a few times. maybe he just stuck out compared to most of his team mates

Yeh I noticed this as well, looked like he has been working on looking for shorter targets and not bomb it every time, has so much talent to build on, excite times.

Banned from wearing a red, white and blue headband on monday night. The AFL says you can only have one colour, what the s**t is this over the top nanny stuff!?

Banned from wearing a red, white and blue headband on monday night. The AFL says you can only have one colour, what the s**t is this over the top nanny stuff!?

Don't see the difference in wearing different coloured boots. It's not like headbands are running rampant in the AFL anyway.

The afl focusing on the important issues

Why does he give a stuff what colour his headband is?
Why does anyone give a stuff about anything?

Seriously the kid made a request to wear something he wants that doesn't impact anyone. The afl are being dicks about it, and the media has blown it out of proportion

It's not like the kid is skipping training to sort his headband out.

Pertraccca was on triple M during the week and I caught the back end of the conversation talking about hunt and garletts speed. Trac said hunt can run a 100m in 10.9 seconds.....billy made a good point if a goal was up for grabs jeffy would probably win :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems odd that the AFL would prohibit the headband. I mean, it's not offensive, doesn't give him any physical advantage (a la the Travis Cloke glove from last year), surely wouldn't distract the opposition team...the AFL claims to be all about spectacle as long, as that doesn't involve players expressing even the most minuscule amount of individuality.

Seems odd that the AFL would prohibit the headband. I mean, it's not offensive, doesn't give him any physical advantage (a la the Travis Cloke glove from last year), surely wouldn't distract the opposition team...the AFL claims to be all about spectacle as long, as that doesn't involve players expressing even the most minuscule amount of individuality.
If there was any profit in it for them, they would allow it. Flashing advertising boards and a clock sponsorship that gives the crowd a countdown are fine, but not a guy wearing a headband?

Hunt replied to a comment on Facebook on mmm with a bloke ragging on him haha gold

Reminds me about something I read in an article last year about NFL vs NBA. NBA is all for having fun and being showy etc etc whereas the NFL is rigid and overly disciplined to the point where practically speaking they can only do NFL approved celebrations after scoring a touchdown.

Pertraccca was on triple M during the week and I caught the back end of the conversation talking about hunt and garletts speed. Trac said hunt can run a 100m in 10.9 seconds.....billy made a good point if a goal was up for grabs jeffy would probably win :p
Jonah Lomu used to be able to do it in that too. Except he was 6'5 and 120kg. What a nightmare... google Lomu and Mike Catt.

Jonah Lomu used to be able to do it in that too. Except he was 6'5 and 120kg. What a nightmare... google Lomu and Mike Catt.
yeah * trying to stop Lomu, at full tilt he was just about the best athlete in the world.

I don't mind the ruling actually - I think the AFL are idiots for not allowing it but from a club perspective I appreciate everyone looking coordinated and no one standing out, that's the point of a uniform (team cohesion). Admittedly it's not too much different from everyone wearing different coloured boots but I'm not a huge fan of variations on uniform such as sleeves or even gloves, they all look a bit ridiculous. If you're gonna wear a headband for functionality keep it simple and keep it subtle (ie I used to wear a black one with no logo). Nothing against Hunt wanting to wear a cool one but I think it highlights a big difference between training and playing standards - when you're representing the club externally you do so as one unit

Lomu was a freak, pretty sure he still holds all the records at his junior athletics club.

One man did manage to stop, or atelast slow him. George Greegan

I met Jonah Lomu once when I was about 20 and had a s**t job at adidas during the Olympics.

He was a really nice bloke and shunned a few corporates to come over and speak to me which was a big thrill.

I always loved him after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back