#29 Jayden Hunt - joins WCE as a free agent, pick 52 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was really good tonight. Played a role and did it well. Has pace, took the right option, runs back hard, quite fit and absolutely flew from nowhere in the first quarter to get an excellent spoil in for a rushed behind.

Massive credit too for the club to:

A: identify a player with real potential based off only High-School footy and have the courage to draft him
B: sticking by him despite injuries and initially struggling to adapt to VFL, when many probably would have delisted him
C: utilize him in such a role that he can grow and exceed at

Massive credit too for the club to:

A: identify a player with real potential based off only High-School footy and have the courage to draft him
B: sticking by him despite injuries and initially struggling to adapt to VFL, when many probably would have delisted him
C: utilize him in such a role that he can grow and exceed at

this times 10

He seems to be one step ahead in how he wants to move in congestion and has a good work ethic along with dash. Not a bad kick either.

I reckon he's a ripper.
Looks at home, not fazed.
Just please don't ever handball from a kick-in again.

It's one of those things I didn't even realize was a rule because I've never thought of it happening before..

It's one of those things I didn't even realize was a rule because I've never thought of it happening before..
Me neither. Never thought about it. We should probably thank Jayden for bringing this one to our attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a piece of play in the second quarter where he got the ball close to the boundary line, and was surrounded by Richmond players. He effortlessly went around his opponents and burst into space, and then sent a good kick 50m down the line. It reminded me a bit of a young Travis Johnstone.

Definitely has unique attributes that make him unpredictable and an asset to our team.

We have such a good mix of players now it's awesome. Didn't know he had that mongrel in him either after seeing him barrell into that melee to defend his mate Salem.

So I've only just worked out what people are talking about now! I missed what happened at the ground and haven't seen a replay so have assumed Tom McDonald had overstepped...

This kid has something about him, watching him on Sunday night for the first time reminded me of an Andrew Obst but with more pace, and a better kick.
He could turn out to be a real gem- something is brewing here with our list- exciting times perhaps.

This kid has something about him, watching him on Sunday night for the first time reminded me of an Andrew Obst but with more pace, and a better kick.
He could turn out to be a real gem- something is brewing here with our list- exciting times perhaps.
Wore #29 too

But kick-in? Like throw ins in football, I feel there are certain bread crumbs in the name...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back