AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish - Calf setback, another 2 weeks - 4/6

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone else said, I wouldn't be surprised if they're restructuring his game to make it more team focused. Any major change like that is going to be one step forward and 2 steps back until it all clicks into place.

I get where you're coming from, I used to feel similarly towards Parish. But Scott has the team playing good team footy, and if he can get Parish to buy into the team structure while eventually getting the best out of him it will be a win win.

I must admit I don't have any of those moments where I feel Parish is just seagulling possessions off other players, or kicking it straight down the throat of the opposition when he's in the clear, so something has definately changed for the better.
In a team with a lot of obvious player development, I think this makes Parish the hardest to assess. Plenty of others are developing in ways that pass the eye test (game influence) and stats test (more whatevers). Parish looks to be playing a much more team oriented role (which is hard to see at times & confirm) and with reduced stats (maybe reduced stats padding).

If that’s true, having him playing a clear role in a deep midfield is the dream.

Hey is really like to just circle back to that very interesting and all too brief preseason conversation 🤣

My question is to what extent do people believe soft tissue injury is avoidable.

Eg is Parish doing a hamstring a sign the training loads were out of wack, or just a bad bit of luck.

Who hates Bruno?!
The man understands footy principles and philosophies not just stats and semantics. Love you man
look he may not be the best poster on here, or have any elite attributes but he is incredibly important to the structure of this board- we really miss him when is is away for an extended period.

he’s like the Darcy Parish of this board

look he may not be the best poster on here, or have any elite attributes but he is incredibly important to the structure of this board- we really miss him when is is away for an extended period.

he’s like the Darcy Parish of this board
Just a very vanilla poster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Rowell and Anderson have had 16 clearances between them today, and we are minus-21 in total clearances since Darcy's injury.

This whole 'not letting him get in the way of our young midfielders' thing is going grouse.
The Parish bashers have gone quiet !!, hopefully the clowns on here knocking him will now STFU....

So Rowell and Anderson have had 16 clearances between them today, and we are minus-21 in total clearances since Darcy's injury.

This whole 'not letting him get in the way of our young midfielders' thing is going grouse.
he's injured mate - he's unable to play

Last years vs Suns Darce gets 30 touches, 6 tackles, 11 clearances and 3 brownlow votes... would've been handy today.

The Parish bashers have gone quiet !!, hopefully the clowns on here knocking him will now STFU....
You know how it'll work.

1. He'll have a quietish 1st game back
  2. The sharks will start to circle
  3. Then he'll have a very solid team focused game
  4. The sharks will find excuses to say it was a shit game
  5. He'll then have a belter of a game
  6. There must be some orcas in the vacinity as the sharks have vanished
  7. Then he'll have an average game with a couple of bad clangers
  8. The sharks will circle again wondering what his trade value is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back