Preview Round 3: Essendon vs St Kilda, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30/03/24 @ 4:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good depth options for them, they're building a good team
I genuinely like the Saints, I rate them. Probably down to the wife being a passionate Saints fan, and watching them every week

I genuinely like the Saints, I rate them. Probably down to the wife being a passionate Saints fan, and watching them every week

I know he's a bit taboo but I genuinely like Ross Lyon, purely on football merit he's proven to be very good at what he does.

They touch on both st kilda and Essendon so figured I’d plop it in here. Sounds pretty grim 😅

Pretty accurate. We've been one of the worst sides to defend the transition for a number of years across a number of coaches. Turn the ball over inside 50 and we basically resign to conceding an inside 50 and most likely a shot at goal. Some of the vision coming from last week Saturday was appalling. Sure we're a work in progress, but for us to be below West Coast and North (despite both sides having played GWS) says everything about how poor defensively we've been this year.

St Kilda destroyed us in the preseason in the same way and I think this game will be an easy loss if it isn't fixed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely need more from Stringer esp.

Was great against Hawks but largely missing against Swans. In fact, our whole forward line is the reason we leak so many goals on transition. Why is our forward line so congested while the Swans so open? Our players have no space. Suspect we need some genuine speed in there.

May as well kick the ball at a tipped up trampoline. Forward pressure is why we are easy to play against. our forward entries are poor and too predictable as well which doesn't help.

Mind you, Sydney are one of the best defensive teams in it and Blakey ran the ball out at will. Saints very defensive too so will be interesting what the coaches can come up with.

Perfect game to give Caddy a chance IMO.

I know he's a bit taboo but I genuinely like Ross Lyon, purely on football merit he's proven to be very good at what he does.
Wait, what?! He's a complete *******. Smug piece of s**t who has achieved nothing of note in football.

Definitely need more from Stringer esp.

Was great against Hawks but largely missing against Swans. In fact, our whole forward line is the reason we leak so many goals on transition. Why is our forward line so congested while the Swans so open? Our players have no space. Suspect we need some genuine speed in there.

May as well kick the ball at a tipped up trampoline. Forward pressure is why we are easy to play against. our forward entries are poor and too predictable as well which doesn't help.

Mind you, Sydney are one of the best defensive teams in it and Blakey ran the ball out at will. Saints very defensive too so will be interesting what the coaches can come up with.

Perfect game to give Caddy a chance IMO.
We really do. We're so slow to move the ball on to a forward fifty target. Teams that defend well flood back super quickly and our forward entry is held up. Conversely, when said defensive team regains on the turn over they work harder to rebound out and we don't defend. Sydney did by foot a lot but when they kicked it meant they only needed one or two out the back because the ball gets there with two kicks. In part that's also because we push up our defensive line so far and our defenders lose sight of their player who slips out quickly.

Sydney were fitter and more well drilled.
We need quicker, more defensively minded small forwards and small defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back