Preview Round 7: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, Anzac Day, 25/04/24 @ 3:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have taken him as the sub and given Hind a full run in the vfl.
Do not disagree but I also think it is a tough call to drop guys out of a winning side that has performed better than it has for a long time as a team unit two weeks in a row . The coach backed them as a group to stand up after the Port game and they have. Personally I would not have played Draper but I can also see the coach has to back the bloke who is in line to be the number 1 ruck to bounce back. Same goes for Hind I suppose who has actually done really well as the sub.

Im worried about our forward pressure with Wright in with both rucks but I guess we still have hobbs, adj and jones applying pressure and the good stringer does this too.

The two focuses for me are:

- Collingwood got on top of port due to how bad port are when ball hits deck in their defensive 50 (2nd last in comp ahead of roos). Im confident guys like mcgrath/redman/kelly will do a better job on the likes of hill, mcCreery and schultz.

- i saw a stat about us ranking really high on stopping an opposition clearance when they get first possession, as long as duz and caldwell can mind degoey hopefully we can continue this form.

Main concern is obviously stopping their transition, this will be the biggest test of mckay and co. They have been really organised last few weeks.
Could hobbs play a role on daicos to assist with stopping their transition too?

Im worried about our forward pressure with Wright in with both rucks but I guess we still have hobbs, adj and jones applying pressure and the good stringer does this too.

The two focuses for me are:

- Collingwood got on top of port due to how bad port are when ball hits deck in their defensive 50 (2nd last in comp ahead of roos). Im confident guys like mcgrath/redman/kelly will do a better job on the likes of hill, mcCreery and schultz.

- i saw a stat about us ranking really high on stopping an opposition clearance when they get first possession, as long as duz and caldwell can mind degoey hopefully we can continue this form.

Main concern is obviously stopping their transition, this will be the biggest test of mckay and co. They have been really organised last few weeks.
Could hobbs play a role on daicos to assist with stopping their transition too?
the 3 that got the Pies back in were WHE (one of the best he has played), DeGoey & Daicos. Cox was important too.

Cox's form may have been the catalyst for selecting 2 rucks.

Who goes to WHE? Hill carved us up last time too.

I thought it was those named on the ground start on the ground, not necessarily in the position named but still on the ground, and the named bench was the bench.

That’s true for the official ones that come out an hour before - where they name the sub, they also name the 4 on the bench. That’s how they start.

These current ones that are out though, nah they don’t mean anything.

the 3 that got the Pies back in were WHE (one of the best he has played), DeGoey & Daicos. Cox was important too.

Cox's form may have been the catalyst for selecting 2 rucks.

Who goes to WHE? Hill carved us up last time too.
Nik cox or kelly to WHE?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back