Preview Round 3: Essendon vs St Kilda, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30/03/24 @ 4:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be happy with a solid four quarter showing. Don't think we have the squad to match it with the Saints who look top 4 bound, but hope springs eternal.

If it wasn't for the fact both Draper and Goldy are looking up and about, and we'll likely need them both to try and quell Marshall's influence, you'd almost be tempted to play a sole ruck and add an extra bit of speed to the 23. Eventually we'll need to rest Goldy but I don't think it'll be this week.

I know Scott is a conservative at selection table but I hope he gives Caddy a run at it. Has a real crack and candidly he'll develop better in the AFL team having Merrett and Martin hitting him lace-out rather than battling in the magoos. If we pick plodders like Weid and Kelly for this match we're sunk.

OUT: Wright, Laverde, Menzie, Hind
IN: Caddy, Redman, Parish, Ridley

Heppell McKay McGrath
Redman Cox Ridley
Durham Perkins Martin
Merrett Caddy A.Davey
Stringer Langford Gresham

Draper Setterfield Parish

Bench: Goldstein, Durrsma, Hobbs, Caldwell
SUB: Tsatas

Ridley has been ruled out.

Bugger. Well I suppose Lav or Hind earn a reprieve. Almost tempted to blood Roberts ahead of either but might be a bit premature.

Bugger. Well I suppose Lav or Hind earn a reprieve. Almost tempted to blood Roberts ahead of either but might be a bit premature.

Roberts is more a wing than a defender, maybe that running HBF role.

My guess is he'd replace Tsatas on a wing, or Martin off HBF and push Martin back on to the wing.

Hoping we only make minimal changes;
In - Redman, Parish
Out - Wright, Laverde

Go with a smaller forward line & have Hind play a defensive forward role on NWM.

I'd go Hobbs as the sub. Looked pretty average last week but hopefully he bounces back soon.

Last edited:
How's Nicky Dal's form trying to stir the media up about how apparently rough we are, in the lead up to playing his old mob.
he’s just selling tickets, sheeds would come out and demand a police investigation if it got a few more eyeballs on the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I thought it was weird how much emphasis Brad was putting on making it clear that Darce was "medically available."

He still has connections at AFL House. Maybe he was demoing how it coaches / club doctors can use language to distinguish the scope of 'availability', knowing the Wilkie statement was on the cards? 🤷‍♂️

The AFL has tried to play a straight bat with this. I reckon they had some inkling Wilkie had been informed.

Can anyone explain to me why Jones didn't play VFL last week? Why would you hold him over, he has missed so much through injury, doesn't kick goals anymore, he can't be having entire weeks off, why is our development so poor? well, it's likely decisions like this.

And the fact he's a chance to be recalled is wild, we aren't setting these blokes up to be successful.

Can anyone explain to me why Jones didn't play VFL last week? Why would you hold him over, he has missed so much through injury, doesn't kick goals anymore, he can't be having entire weeks off, why is our development so poor? well, it's likely decisions like this.

And the fact he's a chance to be recalled is wild, we aren't setting these blokes up to be successful.
maybe on the gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back