Preview Round 2: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Saturday 23/03/24 @ 7:30 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone on media street talking up Sydney credentials after strong wins against Melbourne and Collingwood. Hoping this is a lazy early season assessment. That both Melbourne and Collingwood might just be a bit basic this year… Sydney looking better than they really are.

With Parker, Mills & Adams out they lose some midfield grunt. I wonder if Brad’s Essendon Edge comments mean we’re going to physically target an equally young mid field.

Everyone on media street talking up Sydney credentials after strong wins against Melbourne and Collingwood. Hoping this is a lazy early season assessment. That both Melbourne and Collingwood might just be a bit basic this year… Sydney looking better than they really are.

With Parker, Mills & Adams out they lose some midfield grunt. I wonder if Brad’s Essendon Edge comments mean we’re going to physically target an equally young mid field.
I predict plenty of free kicks Sydney's way if so.

Interesting read their preview thread, yet another club who hate our guts apparently! ******* w***ers. They’re flying and due a downer. Them just.
Not sure why they'd hate us, still stuck on that drug trend from ten years ago probably. I know why I hate them and that's because we get a prostate exam from the umpires everytime we visit that rigged ground.

Jones dropped is because he is not good unfortunately. Looked promising his first year playing afl. Not sure if it was the injuries or confidence

Not sure why they'd hate us, still stuck on that drug trend from ten years ago probably. I know why I hate them and that's because we get a prostate exam from the umpires everytime we visit that rigged ground.
even without the drug thing, the big four melbourne clubs typically aren’t liked outside their supporter base. but people hate sydney because they were the afl’s precious baby for years and simply were not allowed to have a list that wasn’t completely stacked. pretty much every relevant team has haters and it’s part of the fun tbh

Sydney fans hate us because we seem to play well up there from time to time.. and remember 85% of swans fans don’t realise the swans actually play away games and the majority of them leave at 3/4 time to beat the traffic when the games probably close.
Seems like the better way to beat the traffic would be stay until the end then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me going back to last time we played to see the result:

1711053768495.png

Anyway

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Bryan, Hobbs, Zerk-Thatcher, Phillips, Redman, Guelfi, Snelling, Davey
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Tsatas, Duursma, Stringer, Gresham, Goldstein, Setterfield, Draper

SYDNEY OUTS: Fox, Mills, Parker, Clarke, Franklin
SYDNEY INS: Jordon, Grundy, Roberts, Melican, Corey Warner

View attachment 1935373

Anyway

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Bryan, Hobbs, Zerk-Thatcher, Phillips, Redman, Guelfi, Snelling, Davey
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Tsatas, Duursma, Stringer, Gresham, Goldstein, Setterfield, Draper

I look back quite fondly on the night Buddy looked at Brandon Zerk-Thatcher and said ‘this is too much for me’ and promptly retired.

View attachment 1935373

Anyway

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

Geez those ins and outs bode well for us.

Dons by 84.

i think there's a fair bit of hope in that.

swans look genuine quality.

Respect their team, players and culture (apart from the 'bloods' and 'no dickhead policy' bullshit)
Absolutely detest their bandwagon supporters.

Unfortunately we'll have our ass handed to us on Saturday.

We really should have brought Hobbs in if he’s fit and ready to go. He’s better than Caldwell.
if its to play the small fwd/mid rotation then I prefer caldwell, hes up there with one of our best kicks into the F50. But if its a full time mid role then its hobbs. Unfortunately with Setterfield/Parish fit then one of the young guys is the odd one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back