Preview Round 2: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Saturday 23/03/24 @ 7:30 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive the intrusion, guys.

A legit question here - do you think that you will set up any differently because you feel that the SCG is a smaller ground, and if so, do you also set up that way for grounds like the Gabba which is only 1m longer or is the SCG the only one?
You can't trick me John Longmire.

A legit question here - do you think that you will set up any differently because you feel that the SCG is a smaller ground, and if so, do you also set up that way for grounds like the Gabba which is only 1m longer or is the SCG the only one?
I have members tickets from a mate this year. So I’ll probably set up as close to a bar as possible

I didn't watch the Swans/Pies game, but he genuinely played really well against Melbourne.
For some reason Phillips always towelled him up when we've played him the last few years
i just can’t buy into the whole “grundy is elite” narrative while i’m watching the guy miss targets with unpressured handballs. worth noting that the conditions were awful for a guy like gawn and the whole team got into him to slow him down.

I think we'll aim to have 18 guys out there, as often as possible.

That's about the extent of our plans. But I hope we'd be consistent with that across the year, regardless of ground.

I think we'll aim to have 18 guys out there, as often as possible.

That's about the extent of our plans. But I hope we'd be consistent with that across the year, regardless of ground.
…..Except for that one time against St Kilda when about 4 of our guys ran straight past the loose ball on the wing at the same time to get to the interchange bench and secure the best seat…

Our hanger has been set up to the exact dimensions of the SCG, we have also simulated the watering the ground effect through the implementation of spongy floors. In the weeks leading up to the Gabba games we do get concerned that players might leave their kicks short, but we ask players to stand 50cm closer to counteract the effect.

In short, we've got this.

Nope. We're planning on hugging the outside of the boundary line when going forward tomorrow night.

We intend to set up as normal, but Martin, who is our 7th defender, has licence to climb a pole to take the kick ins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a feeling.
giphy.gif

Oh sorry that is the one for when I make stupid comments :p

e6a4c4a9-51f0-4ca8-bd0f-1a97e0e4cc59_text.gif

Set up. Yeah right. We are still trying to work out step one of team defense . Not sure set up has even hit the whiteboard yet. :cool:

Yo i'm gonna need the receipts for this
It was approximately 10 years ago so I have no receipts lol. We briefly discussed it and moved on.

The free kick count one was an SCG game and it happened in the first or second quarter. Some sharp supporters caught what appeared to be random numbers being said by someone, until they realised that was the free kick count.

The other one was also an SCG game.

Sets ups? Game plans?

Do you know where you're at?

ewrt.gif

We don't just feel that the SCG is a smaller ground, it actually is a smaller ground.

Our hanger has been set up to the exact dimensions of the SCG, we have also simulated the watering the ground effect through the implementation of spongy floors. In the weeks leading up to the Gabba games we do get concerned that players might leave their kicks short, but we ask players to stand 50cm closer to counteract the effect.

In short, we've got this.
Don't forget we also get Gia to climb up the goalpost to simulate that possibility happening again.

Sit confident.
Be tight.

These games are usually really tight affairs regardless of where the teams are placed on the ladder, so hopefully it'll be a great game with no shitty umpiring decisions.

Please.

Hoping we can give a contest - pressure will be on the Swans who will be heavy favorites...I'd like to see us line up something like this;-

Lav McKay McGrath
Kelly Cox Martin
Tsatas Setterfield Durham
Caldwell Stringer Hind
2MP Langford Gresham

Draper Perkins Merrett

Bench: Duursma Hobbs Heppell Goldy
SUB: Menzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back