Goals: 2
Yabby Medal votes: 0

Averages

Kicks: 5.8 per game
Handballs: 4.0 per game
Disposals: 9.8 per game
Marks: 1.0 per game

Milestones

Played his 189th and final game for Hawthorn in round 4, 2018 (versus Melbourne)

Standout

Round 1, 2018 (versus Collingwood): When compared to some of Cyril's glittering highlights over his career, his 14 disposal, one goal effort against the Magpies in round 1 would not be in the top 100, but in the context of the season, it was probably the peak of his output. Surprisingly, no tackles however.

Shocker

Round 4, 2018 (versus Melbourne): Six disposals for the game, zero marks, zero goals and three tackles in what turned out to be Rioli's final game for Hawthorn. Given the Hawks thrashed the Demons in the second half in particular, it was difficult to reconcile Rioli's last game with the so many wondrous highlights he had contributed to the pantheon of Hawthorn success.

Only 4 games, averaging .5 goals & less than 10 possies a game in 2018.

Worse numbers than Schoenmakers:oops:

Really going to have to lift if he's going to get a game in 2019...

Currently a runner for the Tiwi Bombers.

Cyril,the coach,the captain and the veteran "Tippa" are relatives via their grandmothers.

Excellent YouTube on the History of Tiwi Football and Brother John Pye.

Last edited:
By far, one of the most talented and brilliant footballers I’ve ever seen play the game. And also, it’s been mentioned to me that clarko does not expect Cyril to come back....ever!!

By far, one of the most talented and brilliant footballers I’ve ever seen play the game. And also, it’s been mentioned to me that clarko does not expect Cyril to come back....ever!!

You started with 😁 but then it all went 😔.

download (1).jpeg
But once again my memories bring the back the 😁.

That goal against the Bombers to win us the game was one of my favourites.

Thanks CLA.
You made me remember 😁 watching a Michael Long NT football documentary and they interviewed a 5 or 6 year old Cyril.

Who said when he grows up, 'he will win 3 premierships with the Bombers'. images (5).jpeg

I used to love when he would use those grasshopper legs to leap above the pack to attempt mark, then fall to the ground before literally bouncing back to his feet to collect his own crumb before any of the opposition dedicated crumbers even moved.

I wish him nothing but happiness moving forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best defensive small forwards of all time, he won four premierships and a Norm Smith, and provided us with countless highlights. However, I feel his greatest achievements/legacies (raising a family, giving more back into Aussie Rules footy in the NT, etc.) may be yet to come. Remember that he's been away from home half his life, and the pull of home is always strong for the Indigenous boys.

On Sunday, there was a loose ball in our forward pocket. Two lions players and one hawk. The hawk was Matthew Walker wearing 33. He had his back to us. Poor Matthew, I saw the 33 and thought, he's going to grab this loose ball and beat the two opponents and spot someone in the goal square. Then i remembered it was walker and the two opponents combined to get the ball out of defense.

:(

Just putting this here with news of big Jeff making the announcement.

Would Cyril be welcome back for a cameo season or two with another premiership a possibility?

Attachments

• DC87EC37-D7F5-4819-8384-0FCA480EEED5.jpeg
    DC87EC37-D7F5-4819-8384-0FCA480EEED5.jpeg
    652.1 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Just putting this here with news of big Jeff making the announcement.

Would Cyril be welcome back for a cameo season or two with another premiership a possibility?

Damien Barrett reporting" kind of says it all really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back