Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer

Remove this Banner Ad

Livin’ the dream is Jacko. I can only imagine the Shinboner of the Century drumming into him “the hard work starts now!”.

Too right

I wonder if the clubs get former draftees in for a talk about not grabbing your opportunity while you have.

#34 for Arch.

Jackson Archer - 34

While his father, Glenn, is a huge part of why the number 11 is so highly regarded at North Melbourne, Jackson Archer will be looking to forge his own path in 34, a number synonymous with North’s defenders.

Ross Henshaw and David King wore it in all four premierships between them, while Jamie MacMillan played 167 games wearing it over the course of the 2010’s.

Henshaw also played 167 games for the club, and while he was a mainstay of the side over one of the most successful eras in club history, winning two premierships, he held the record of most games played without polling a Brownlow vote until St Kilda’s Jason Blake broke the record in 2010.

King forged his reputation as a fearsome and versatile player, kicking 145 goals in 241 games before finishing his career playing out of the backline.

How funny would it be if Jackson has been foxing and he is actually a gun. :D

Reminds of us flying Peter Bell in for an intraclub. He played one quarter and Pagan said something like "that's enough son" and dragged him.

The rest, as they say..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going for Andrew Krakouer was a mistake at the time that we don't want to repeat I suppose. Archer name is a whole lot bigger as well.

Not sure about that. He obviously got his s**t together but a mate I grew up with played for Vic metro in the carnival against him. They hung out off field while on the camp, the stuff they got up to was pretty bad. Don’t think the club would’ve known about that in particular but I think they would have been aware of the type of kid he was. Unlike Krakouer my mate still hasn’t got his s**t together unfortunately.

Not sure about that. He obviously got his sh*t together but a mate I grew up with played for Vic metro in the carnival against him. They hung out off field while on the camp, the stuff they got up to was pretty bad. Don’t think the club would’ve known about that in particular but I think they would have been aware of the type of kid he was. Unlike Krakouer my mate still hasn’t got his sh*t together unfortunately.

sometimes all guys like that need to get their act together is a good supportive environment. clubs should back themselves to be that place for young men

sometimes all guys like that need to get their act together is a good supportive environment. clubs should back themselves to be that place for young men

Andrew Krakouer was taken in the 2000 draft. I wouldn't have backed our culture in at the time to be a good, supportive environment for a kid who was already a little bit off the rails.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back