Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see why Sydney don't play their finals at their true home ground, the SCG. In previous finals at the SCG the a full house stadium looks awesome, no more ANZ stadium

Fremantle 40k+ members
Sydney 35k+ members

only 38k turned up. Disgraceful crowd. No longer super power club etc etc

In the wet, 40 000 would have been the pass mark at that ground. When can they stop playing there?

I don't see how anyone can come to that conclusion.

The Swans are successful, so who cares if they are a super-power club. I wouldn't say the cats are a super-power club, but they are successful too.

There are some clubs in the league that think they are gods gift to the world (superpower clubs), and yet their recent success hasn't been that great.

If just seems like you are ignoring their success and focusing only on their non-superpower status.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is an unbelievable conflict of interest.

Oh, I believe it.

He probably learnt from previous chairman Ron Evans of Spotless Catering.

Then again, the attendance is rather sad, but I have been to finals in Melbourne with fewer than 30,000.

The Swans are successful, so who cares if they are a super-power club. I wouldn't say the cats are a super-power club, but they are successful too.

There are some clubs in the league that think they are gods gift to the world (superpower clubs), and yet their recent success hasn't been that great.

If just seems like you are ignoring their success and focusing only on their non-superpower status.
Success should breed a strong membership and strong business model, Sydney is still getting AFL money after all these years.

Your success has been just as good as ours since you last won a flag. Whats your point? I also think you ignored the shear sarcasm that was in my original post.
We actually had 40+

Last yr, Collingwood v Port final got 51k but don't u have 80k 'members'
Again, think you missed the sarcasm ;)

Going heavily against the grain here.......

I can see a lot of advantages to ANZ. The long skinny ground might produce a better version of footy than the shorter and wider SCG. And possibly more seats with a better viewing angle. More tickets for away supporters. Capacity to grow the games instead of a limited capacity. Designation of a swans final being a major event much like the rugby league grand final, super rugby final or state of origin which manage to get big crowds to ANZ.

On the proviso that today is as bad as the surface gets (which was pretty decent considering it's been raining in Sydney for 2 weeks) then the surface might well be able to be fixed in the future if the ground/AFL commit the resources and demand a professional surface.

Looking short term - Swans v Freo, shocking surface, wet weather then yes the game should be at the SCG. But big picture, Swans hopefully playing big finals against Victorian teams that draw a crowd or even (shudders) against GWS in a derby final then ANZ might be the place to play.

Ideally the AFL shouldn't lock itselfs it to contracts with either ground and instead have flexibility to choose the more suitable ground.

In the wet, 40 000 would have been the pass mark at that ground. When can they stop playing there?

When the AFL doesnt make us play finals there. Honestly, I hate stadium australia for AFL. I would have gone to the game (if I could get tickets) if it was at the SCG.

I know that you are suppose to support your team, it was killing me, but the swans and the AFL have to know that the SCG would get a bigger crowd.

Call me a non supporter, but I went to all the SCG games this year and I am making a stand. If enough people do it we wont have to play at a sub standard AFL ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back