Remove this Banner Ad

McCrann

Premiership Player
Nov 1, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
St Kilda
AFL needs to average crowds of 37,111 over the last six rounds to hit 7 million spectators for the Home & Away season for the first time ever.

The AFL is well on track to an All-Time Record Home & Away attendance (just needs to average 32,187 for a new record).

Can the AFL hit 7 million through the gates for the Home & Away for the first time though?

https://afltables.com/afl/crowds/summary.html

Currently crowds are sitting at 4,996,006 (Average 34,694) up 2% on last year (Last year was an All-Time Record itself).

This means 2,003,994 are required for the last 54 games of the Home & Away season - an average of 37,111.

Last year's record Home & Away crowds were a total of 6,734,062. AFL needs 1,738,056 (32,187 approx. per game to beat that record - which should happen easily).

With the weather getting better I reckon they're well on track for this.

Should be good crowds this week averaging around 40,000 I'd suggest.

What do folks think? On track for 7 million or not?

AFL needs to average crowds of 37,111 over the last six rounds to hit 7 million spectators for the Home & Away season for the first time ever.

The AFL is well on track to an All-Time Record Home & Away attendance (just needs to average 32,187 for a new record).

Can the AFL hit 7 million through the gates for the Home & Away for the first time though?

https://afltables.com/afl/crowds/summary.html

Currently crowds are sitting at 4,996,006 (Average 34,694) up 2% on last year (Last year was an All-Time Record itself).

This means 2,003,994 are required for the last 54 games of the Home & Away season - an average of 37,111.

Last year's record Home & Away crowds were a total of 6,734,062. AFL needs 1,738,056 (32,187 approx. per game to beat that record - which should happen easily).

With the weather getting better I reckon they're well on track for this.

Should be good crowds this week averaging around 40,000 I'd suggest.

What do folks think? On track for 7 million or not?
More fans will attend games in the lead up to finals. All-time record is very achievable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have noticed more free/discount offers from clubs than usual... Carlton was offering 75% off Level 1 Reserved seats to the Hawks game.

Depends on the club.

WC sure as s**t ain't giving out freebies.

Half expecting them to tack on a 50% surcharge for the "Nic Nat memorial fund."

What difference would it really make to the average footy fan if the AFL did fudge the figures?

What difference would it really make to the AFL if they did fudge it?

Entirely due to the new stadium in Perth being able to host 20,000 more fans per game.

Attendance in WA is up 230,000 compared to same time last year.

Crowds are up, as far as i can work out, 0.93%. If not for the new stadium they would be down 3.7%, all else being equal.

Attendance in WA is up 230,000 compared to same time last year.

Crowds are up, as far as i can work out, 0.93%. If not for the new stadium they would be down 3.7%, all else being equal.

Yep sounds about right. Weather has been quite bad for many Optus Stadium games and combined with the Dockers' indifferent form we certainly aren't packing 60,000 week in week out for both teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back