#4 James Harmes – traded to Bulldogs. Thanks for 'that' kick. You know the one.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you asked opposition supporters everyone would rate Brayshaw above Harmes, if we did a poll on the board is be surprised if it wasn't atleast 50-50.

On this year's form only I'd have Harmes above Oliver aswell. Oliver needs to develop other weapons in his game, to be goalless almost half way through the season is really poor for a bloke of his talent.
Yeah, he's doing a lot more damage than Oliver is, because for some reason Oliver's handballing has gone from lightning fast exit from a contest to a player in a good position to build a play, to just a handball to someone else. As for the goals, its a shame, because we've seen what he can do when he spends some time forward, but I think the circumstances of others, namely Brayshaw's rubbish form, and Viney being in and out/not fit, has meant he can't get down there much, and when he did, the delivery down there has been as horrendous as usual.

Your new Matty Jones?
Maybe

I hadn’t really thought further ahead then trolling Topkent but your idea has potential

What I hate is how everyone on this board says certain players can do no wrong just because they were low picks

Yeah, he's doing a lot more damage than Oliver is, because for some reason Oliver's handballing has gone from lightning fast exit from a contest to a player in a good position to build a play, to just a handball to someone else. As for the goals, its a shame, because we've seen what he can do when he spends some time forward, but I think the circumstances of others, namely Brayshaw's rubbish form, and Viney being in and out/not fit, has meant he can't get down there much, and when he did, the delivery down there has been as horrendous as usual.
Oliver had two shoulder reconstructions over the off-season. it'd be silly to expect him to have the same range of mobility this season as he did last year. The psychological factor would be big too.

Oliver had two shoulder reconstructions over the off-season. it'd be silly to expect him to have the same range of mobility this season as he did last year. The psychological factor would be big too.
I never said there wasn't perhaps a justifiable reason for it, and really, hopefully thats it, because it should progressively improve.

Maybe

I hadn’t really thought further ahead then trolling Topkent but your idea has potential

What I hate is how everyone on this board says certain players can do no wrong just because they were low picks
something something harmes doesn't have to contend with the pressure of being a top pick

Harmes had gone to another level last year, was as important as Oliver and or Salo.
His Tagging in both finals was instrumental, the fact he can restrict Tom Mitchell offensively and run the other way (when we have the ball) to hurt him offensively is why i rate him.
This year he has been good but last year he had a real X factor patch, i mean there is a reason why a kid from Devon Meadows came onto our list as a prospect and ended up finished 3rd in the Bluey.
My Anti Melb (Also Pro Hawk) said Jimmy Webster was the most improved player in the comp last year, of course i protested, but since he has a melb vendetta (no ******* clue why) he couldnt see why harmsey was better than Webster "blah blah blah" (he is like that in alot of things, very outspoken)

If you asked opposition supporters everyone would rate Brayshaw above Harmes, if we did a poll on the board is be surprised if it wasn't atleast 50-50.

On this year's form only I'd have Harmes above Oliver aswell. Oliver needs to develop other weapons in his game, to be goalless almost half way through the season is really poor for a bloke of his talent.

I agree, except for Harmes > Oliver.

First month yes, last month - no way.

Agree Oliver needs to hit the scoreboard more, but his recent form has been similar to 2018 - freakishly clean inside.

I agree, except for Harmes > Oliver.

First month yes, last month - no way.

Agree Oliver needs to hit the scoreboard more, but his recent form has been similar to 2018 - freakishly clean inside.
I'm an oliver fan, but his options for disposal haven't been great, a lot of handballs have put teammates under pressure. That stat sheet may say he has 30 disposals but i don't think they're as damaging as they have been in the past. But of course he can come back from this

I'm an oliver fan, but his options for disposal haven't been great, a lot of handballs have put teammates under pressure. That stat sheet may say he has 30 disposals but i don't think they're as damaging as they have been in the past. But of course he can come back from this

I agree in some ways, but his clean ball winning inside & attack on the footy & the man have been back to their best the past month.

Needs to tidy up his disposal, but still better than Harmes in my book who also isn't super clean consistently.

I agree in some ways, but his clean ball winning inside & attack on the footy & the man have been back to their best the past month.

Needs to tidy up his disposal, but still better than Harmes in my book who also isn't super clean consistently.

He's better in the contest for sure and alot cleaner but I think his disposal has regressed back to his first season. His kicks inside 50 are literally the worst in the AFL this year. The comparison to Harmes is Harmes has 7 goals Oliver 0, Harmes can hit targets inside 50 (though he can clean it up still) while Oliver is the worst in the AFL and Harmes can shut down the opposition's best player while Oliver's defensive running is terrible.

It's harsh on Oliver but when you set such high standards then that's what you are judged on going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's better in the contest for sure and alot cleaner but I think his disposal has regressed back to his first season. His kicks inside 50 are literally the worst in the AFL this year. The comparison to Harmes is Harmes has 7 goals Oliver 0, Harmes can hit targets inside 50 (though he can clean it up still) while Oliver is the worst in the AFL and Harmes can shut down the opposition's best player while Oliver's defensive running is terrible.

It's harsh on Oliver but when you set such high standards then that's what you are judged on going forward.
I think the big difference between the two's disposal is time. Harmes has the confidence to take his time (and if he doesn't have it, he'll make it) and pick the best option, while Oliver has been playing hot potato all year.

I think the big difference between the two's disposal is time. Harmes has the confidence to take his time (and if he doesn't have it, he'll make it) and pick the best option, while Oliver has been playing hot potato all year.
Yep and I don't expect it to be a long term issue with Oliver ( I hope anyway) but hes been poor this year

Yep and I don't expect it to be a long term issue with Oliver ( I hope anyway) but hes been poor this year
Yeah, as Tulip was saying, could very likely be to do with the double shoulder op, and he's basically just trying to avoid contact as much as possible until he's 100% confident in them again, and that might not be until next season, which as this point, doesn't really matter I suppose

Yeah, as Tulip was saying, could very likely be to do with the double shoulder op, and he's basically just trying to avoid contact as much as possible until he's 100% confident in them again, and that might not be until next season, which as this point, doesn't really matter I suppose

That’s garbage, have a look at the tackle he laid on colingo. Not trying to avoid contact. And if he is he shouldn’t be playing

Oliver needs to hold on to the ball for more .000003 of a second, have some composure and show more of a defensive side to his game

That’s garbage, have a look at the tackle he laid on colingo. Not trying to avoid contact. And if he is he shouldn’t be playing

Oliver needs to hold on to the ball for more .000003 of a second, have some composure and show more of a defensive side to his game
Yeah I was going soft, you're right he needs to sort it out.

A shoulder is one of the few injuries I haven't done, but I'd imagine laying a tackle would be different to being tackled?

Either way, just trying to find an explanation into what has turned his disposal into a steaming pile

A shoulder is one of the few injuries I haven't done, but I'd imagine laying a tackle would be different to being tackled?

Either way, just trying to find an explanation into what has turned his disposal into a steaming pile

Normally I find this a cop out but I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver's AA and Brayshaws brownlow finish have blown their heads up.

Normally I find this a cop out but I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver's AA and Brayshaws brownlow finish have blown their heads up.

Definitely some of this.

Laying a tackle is harder with a shoulder injury as opposed to getting tackled. Both would have equal pain. It’s easier when you have the ball to tuck in your arms and absorb the hit. As opposed to out stretching your arms
To tackle someone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back