#4 James Harmes – traded to Bulldogs. Thanks for 'that' kick. You know the one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Laying a tackle is harder with a shoulder injury as opposed to getting tackled. Both would have equal pain. It’s easier when you have the ball to tuck in your arms and absorb the hit. As opposed to out stretching your arms To tackle someone

I don't think that's the issue so much as getting dragged down and the weight of two people coming down on one of your shoulders. That'd be the concern.

The most disappointing aspect of it is that we know Oliver can kick it well - he's got a penetrating boot and is a smart footballer, but his disposal just been utter pants this year.

I'm an oliver fan, but his options for disposal haven't been great, a lot of handballs have put teammates under pressure. That stat sheet may say he has 30 disposals but i don't think they're as damaging as they have been in the past. But of course he can come back from this
Hard to give the ball off to a bloke that is flat footed, i think it's less on Oliver and more on the cattle around him.

Can’t believe how much I love this campaigner after in 2016 I thought he was an absolute spud.
Was it 2015 round 23 we played GWS and he took a couple of great marks. Well I fell for him then, then I forgot about him for a bit, then I fell in love again later.

It’s a bit like one of those stories where a love letter from a Soldier during the War slips between the floorboards and the lovers become estranged because each thinks the other has forgotten about them, but 50 years later the letter is found and the couple are reunited. Sort of like that but without the lost correspondence and the War part.

Was it 2015 round 23 we played GWS and he took a couple of great marks. Well I fell for him then, then I forgot about him for a bit, then I fell in love again later.

It’s a bit like one of those stories where a love letter from a Soldier during the War slips between the floorboards and the lovers become estranged because each thinks the other has forgotten about them, but 50 years later the letter is found and the couple are reunited. Sort of like that but without the lost correspondence and the War part.
Not sort of, it's exactly like that. That analogy is apt - APT!

Theres always one negative campaigner. Guy would hardly be on huge money and will be 29 when he is OOC again, isn't like he will be 32.
Likely that he's taken less money overall to get a longer contract for the security of it, which is good business when you're talking about a 24yo who has improved each year for the last 3 or so years.

Also it's a 4 year contract that he's signed, was already contracted for next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likely that he's taken less money overall to get a longer contract for the security of it, which is good business when you're talking about a 24yo who has improved each year for the last 3 or so years.

Also it's a 4 year contract that he's signed, was already contracted for next season.
That was my take on it too. If he's considered a reliable longterm prospect, locking him in at a lower rate for a longer time provides the benefit of more salary cap certainty, and more cap space. It's our version of what actual good teams do in keeping talent for lower than market rate. And if he improves even more over that time, we're getting a real bargain. I don't mind this signing.

5 years??? What is our list manager smoking? Harmes is a good honest B grade toiler. There is zero danger of another club coming in with a long term offer of that nature.

Don't be a moron.
Rather than him signing on for 2 years and then asking for another pay rise we have him locked in at the same rate for 5. Harmes has been one of our most consistent for a couple years now, easy decision.

Good news Nut
Surely the spiritual leader of the playing group, grew up supporting the dees in Devon Ghettos.

Hes the future of our club. Can see him being a Vice Captain at one point.

Need more guys like Nut that bleed Red and Blue

I would think that, with the timing of the announcement coming on the eve of the list lodgement for next year, the deal has been structured in a particular way (either front or back loaded) that the Club wanted it to be. Harmes may have used that as leverage for an extra year or two perhaps.

Either way, stoked. Love the Nut!

I would think that, with the timing of the announcement coming on the eve of the list lodgement for next year, the deal has been structured in a particular way (either front or back loaded) that the Club wanted it to be. Harmes may have used that as leverage for an extra year or two perhaps.

Either way, stoked. Love the Nut!
I had forgotten his was the nut. I had adapted to chompers/horse

Would love to see him play around HBF and HFF next year as he's the most versatile of our mids, with his overhead marking and ability to take the game on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back