Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

We have injuries

Who?

I heard the Pies have injuries. But I'm not aware that any really good Richmond players have ever been injured. We're so lucky with injuries it's amazing. We never have players being stepped on by the opposition and having their ankles stuffed, or landing awkwardly and doing a knee or groin. No one gets landed on in a marking contest and has their arm screwed up. Only the Pies so I've heard.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05...ie-tigers-to-unleash-new-weapon-coleman-jones

Zombie hey...hehe...he does look a bit like this...
maxresdefault.jpg

Who?

I heard the Pies have injuries. But I'm not aware that any really good Richmond players have ever been injured. We're so lucky with injuries it's amazing. We never have players being stepped on by the opposition and having their ankles stuffed, or landing awkwardly and doing a knee or groin. No one gets landed on in a marking contest and has their arm screwed up. Only the Pies so I've heard.

It’s lucky we never get injuries, especially since our depth is so s**t and we’d be bottom of the ladder without our big 4! :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who?

Of course there are no "really good Richmond players" injured. According to the good judges on BF, there are no really good Richmond players, and you can't injure what you don't have.

Eat 'em alive CCJ. Would not have expected to debut this year. Then due to a couple of unfortunate events, finds himself debuting in The Dreamtime @ The G.
He and his family would be very pumped.

I'd say he was probably likely to debut this year, but the plan would have been for it to have been in a relatively soft game, with him as forward/2nd ruck and mostly playing just to give him a taste. Even after the first few weeks, they were probably planning to give Balta a week off here and there (at his age, he'll need it) and slot CCJ in.

Dimma mentioned when Nank went down that we'd be looking to give him a game during that time, so the thought was clearly there, they just wouldn't have expected it to be like this.

I'd say he was probably likely to debut this year, but the plan would have been for it to have been in a relatively soft game, with him as forward/2nd ruck and mostly playing just to give him a taste. Even after the first few weeks, they were probably planning to give Balta a week off here and there (at his age, he'll need it) and slot CCJ in.

Dimma mentioned when Nank went down that we'd be looking to give him a game during that time, so the thought was clearly there, they just wouldn't have expected it to be like this.
If that was the plan then that's good to hear. Give a developing ruck/fwd a taste of the next level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back