Player Watch #41: Mabior Chol - FA to GC

Remove this Banner Ad

So many departures this year, rather see Soldo go before him because he at least has AFL traits, speed and skill. Soldo has size only. He is probably not going to make it, but would like to see how he goes after a full season training as a ruckman/forward.
Chol was blitzing in the 2's and very close to senior selection prior to breaking his foot.
Definitely more upside than plodder Soldo.

So he's human then, isnt this the players holiday period?

That’s it seem the picks being posted by half the boys over in Thailand and not to mention our best player D Martin hitting up Las Vegas every off season

Got no problem with it if they get it all out of there system now and just hit the pre season hard and look after themselves during the season

Not referring to what he gets up to in the off season.

Link to when he's out at 3am before a game

Otherwise frankly he's like just about every other player, except the Jesus crew and houli

If Chol gets delisted it probably won't be purely for Footy reasons, those 3am posts on Instagram or whatever of him out drinking probably do him no favours.
Haven't seen the Dusty and Swanny do Vegas pics then.

Don't get me wrong its not a great look for a rookie listed player trying to keep his career going but they're on a break. Also I believe that the club gives the players smart watches that track their off season training to ensure that they are all healthy and ready to go when preseason begins. So the club would know if he isn't going as well as he should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure mabs willl be a tiger next year, was in excellent form in the 2s
Before he broke his foot, and was very close to senior selection
He was always going to be a long term prospect, ,
He definitely is worth pereserveering with in my book

I actually think cholly could be our best sec ruck option right now , in particular could be a secret weapon when up against Grundy. Has a leap , good hands and nice left foot kick , plenty to work with ,there I said it

Agree. Probably more runs on the board than Balta to.

If Balta starts to struggle then Chol
Should be straight in

Hmmm....any chance if Soldo a confirmed out that it is this bloke and not CCJ who gets called up and we run Chol and Balta forward changing ruck, as they have some quite similar attributes?

That's my thinking too. We can't go in with CCJ as yet - still too raw and will get bullied. Chol is the bigger bodied ruck/forward who did well on the weekend at VFL level. He is similar to Balta in that he is more a mobile ruckman that leaps but it could actually work in our favour is we can exploit Bellchambers lack of pace with Balta and Chol running him ragged around the ground. The problem will be at general stoppages where Bellchambers size makes it hard to contest.

I am praying Soldo gets off but this is really our only other option imho

Hmmm....any chance if Soldo a confirmed out that it is this bloke and not CCJ who gets called up and we run Chol and Balta forward changing ruck, as they have some quite similar attributes?
CCJ was monstered by big rucks last weekend and did very little. Chol at least has the spring to get up there and we looked better when he rucked. Just needs to bring the energy that he showed in patches for longer. But Soldo should get off.

On Radio today Leppa was interviewed and when asked said they’ll decide whether to debut CCJ or go a Balta/Caddy type combo. Chol not in the mix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back