VFL Past #75: Kurt Aylett

Remove this Banner Ad

23 years old, can't get a game. List clogger.
Travis Colyer halfway through last year. The stupidity of your statements never cease to amaze.

Travis Colyer was 22.5 years old and had played close to 40 games and shown a bit. Aylett is 23 and 2 months and has played 3 games and given the flick by a club.

You are embarrassing yourself.
22 and 11 months when he made his way back in the team. Close enough to 23 for me.

I'm not the one embarrassing myself. Your steadfast refusal to rate any of the young players leading us in a top 2 birth in the VFL right now is what's embarrassing.

Travis Colyer halfway through last year. The stupidity of your statements never cease to amaze.
Settle down, Eth. You can disagree with another poster without the snide bit at the end.

I don't even agree with kelvin, either. I think his demotion to the rookie list last year was a poor decision. I hope the club haven't written him off because I still believe, based on what I've seen, that he could offer us something.

22 and 11 months when he made his way back in the team. Close enough to 23 for me.

I'm not the one embarrassing myself. Your steadfast refusal to rate any of the young players leading us in a top 2 birth in the VFL right now is what's embarrassing.

It's quite easy when you have have plenty of experience seeing the likes of Ricky Dyson, Lonergan, Tyson Slattery, Dean Dick, Henry Slattery, Reimers, Jetta, Kav, Hardingham, Neagle, John Williams, Bock, etc, ,etc waste years of space and time on our list.

It's quite easy when you have have plenty of experience seeing the likes of Ricky Dyson, Lonergan, Tyson Slattery, Dean Dick, Henry Slattery, Reimers, Jetta, Kav, Hardingham, Neagle, John Williams, Bock, etc, ,etc waste years of space and time on our list.
None of them had Bendigo entering top 4 in the VFL at the halfway mark of the season, like Kav and Aylett have done this year for the reserves. You claim to watch the reserves yet I never see statements I agree with about them, like I often see with all the other VFL watchers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of them had Bendigo entering top 4 in the VFL at the halfway mark of the season, like Kav and Aylett have done this year for the reserves. You claim to watch the reserves yet I never see statements I agree with about them, like I often see with all the other VFL watchers.

Or maybe we just have better depth this year in the VFL department and have a better spread of 20-24 year olds who are good VFL players but a mile away from the AFL.

How do you propose he get a game from the rookie list precisely?

1. Don't let yourself get put on the rookie list at 22 years of age.
2. Demand to be picked by performing.

Or maybe we just have better depth this year in the VFL department and have a better spread of 20-24 year olds who are good VFL players but a mile away from the AFL.

I'm going to go with my conclusion, because you know, I'm a realist, you're just extremely pessimistic.

As for your 2nd answer, he is. Averaged 20 touches and 10 tackles playing midfield last year. Averaging 20 disposals and 5 marks this season. That's pretty good.

Lets be realistic - Club must have concerns about Aylett's future if they placed him on the rookie list.

Obviously they do. They also rate Nick Kommer, who Aylett comfortably defeats in every facet of the game, so I really don't give a flying in this regard.

While I like Aylett and think he has a lot we should be working with I have no doubt that he will be de-listed at the end of the year.

Demand to be picked?

I'm not sure you understand how the rookie list works.

Its simple, if you are 23 years of age and not getting a game at AFL level you are wasting a spot on the list ( rookie included ) unless you are a project type ruckman or tall.

Do you think he'll make it?
How do you propose he get a game at AFL level whilst on the rookie list?

How do you propose he get a game at AFL level whilst on the rookie list?

Same way any other player thats on the rookie list gets a game. Demand to be picked with your performances and when someone gets put on the LTI you can get a run.

Unfortunately we can have 10 on the LTI and he'll still be on the rookie list. Why are you wasting your time with a player thats going to be delisted?

Same way any other player thats on the rookie list gets a game. Demand to be picked with your performances and when someone gets put on the LTI you can get a run.

Unfortunately we can have 10 on the LTI and he'll still be on the rookie list. Why are you wasting your time with a player thats going to be delisted?
Yes, but we only put one player on the LTI list, didn't we. And we selected another player in form.

The standards you have set for him are ridiculous. You've clearly already made up your mind and refuse to allow the potential for change. It's boring and poor.

Yes, but we only put one player on the LTI list, didn't we. And we selected another player in form.

The standards you have set for him are ridiculous. You've clearly already made up your mind and refuse to allow the potential for change. It's boring and poor.

What standards? Getting a game at 23 years of age after being in the system for 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back