Player Watch #43: Todd Elton

Remove this Banner Ad

7 marks, 3 contested. He was a target. Think back to Vickery and Griffiths' 3rd game. They struggled to even get near the ball let alone be a presence on the field. Hell, they've played a combined 180 games and they still struggle to impose themselves on the contest.
yeah i might be harsh as i missed half the game with my 85 dad having the runs with his dementia that's why i said from what i seen.
I seen one mark he went for got a touch went to grab it second time and jack took it of his hands:'(

Showed some good signs today. Happy to let him play out the year and try and cement the spot as his own.
So we are still at "showed sone good signs" level after how long ? Not to mention it obviously was a pressure packed tense season on the line game too. Way to go Dimma baby you are single handedly finishing off the interest in this club

So we are still at "showed sone good signs" level after how long ? Not to mention it obviously was a pressure packed tense season on the line game too. Way to go Dimma baby you are single handedly finishing off the interest in this club
To be fair to the guy it was his first senior game this season and third in his entire career. I wasn't expecting him to dominate. He scored a pass from me. He did enough to show that at 197cm, a strong grab and athleticism that is excellent for someone his size, he has a future.

I liked his game today. He actually tried to mark the ball at the highest point. Which is what you need from a tall marking forward. We can get Lennon to do what Vickery does (goals out the back, mark on your own, soft free kicks, hand ball over the top into the goal square etc etc). I think I saw Elton do more today than Vickery has shown all year.

Lets hope they don't drop him. He's on the list for another year unless regardless we might as well see what he can do against a decent defense in the swans.
If they drop him it will be a ###### disgrace. Took more contested marks today than Vickery has for the year.
Won't be surprised if it happens though, Marcon got dropped 2 weeks ago on the back of a very good game.

Very good mark of the ball. Best thing was he leapt and attacked the ball.
Don't know how long you have been watching the tigers dude. But it ain't to hard to find but find his first game in tiger colours in a NAB game back when. Attacking the ball in a marking contest was there then. Don't quite understand what they are doing with Todd. But IMO they are about to ruin another career

Liked what I saw to be honest. Presented well at times and the supply was hardly silver service to be fair. Hopefully can hold his spot next week and show some more signs.

Always great seeing a player kick their first goal too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been in the system for at least 5 years and people comparing him to Griffiths 3rd game?

Griffiths did not have 5 years worth of reserves playing against senior players.

The excuse of being thrown all over the shop is a furphy as he has had 5 years to adapt not 1.

Why does RFC hold on to players for an extended expecting them to suddenly come good (e.g. Andrew Krakouer).

Time to cast him adrift and let someone else have a chance; next excuse is he just needs 6 games in a row.

If Tyrone played the game Todd did yesterday we'd be ripping shreds off him. That mark he dropped 20m out directly in front was a shocker. He showed a few good signs but Griff and Ty regularly show good signs too. 5th season in we should be looking for more than "good signs".

Don't know how long you have been watching the tigers dude. But it ain't to hard to find but find his first game in tiger colours in a NAB game back when. Attacking the ball in a marking contest was there then. Don't quite understand what they are doing with Todd. But IMO they are about to ruin another career
THE question has to be asked: How does a guy drafted as a forward/ruck, spend four and three quarters seasons as a defender and now at round 22 he's a key forward? Only Richmond!

THE question has to be asked: How does a guy drafted as a forward/ruck, spend four and three quarters seasons as a defender and now at round 22 he's a key forward? Only Richmond!
Easy Peasy...needed to learn the defensive aspects of being a good forward!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back