Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont get it. Masten's was worse yet he received less.. or am I missing something?
Same. Masten pleads not guilty when it's obvious he did it. Suban needs drugs to get over the wound. 2 weeks. McKenna pleads guilty to what looks like a graze and gets 3. Absolute joke. It's forever about the optics and how much public outrage, either perceived or real, the media can whip up before it's heard.

No idea why he plead guilty, contact was less than a second. Easily could have been argued as incidental.
My only conclusion is Anderson got the inside word from the AFL to do so or it'd be significantly worse than 3. It's the only explanation that makes any sense considering Conor was adamant he didn't do it beforehand.

My only conclusion is Anderson got the inside word from the AFL to do so or it'd be significantly worse than 3. It's the only explanation that makes any sense considering Conor was adamant he didn't do it beforehand.
indeed it was a predetermined outcome and the rest was theatre. it’s how the AFL always operate.

Hird related the story on his podcast this week of when he had to front the tribunal for calling that umpire s**t.

Basically he was told $10.000 or 4 weeks in the days before his “hearing”. so he wrote a cheque and fronted up to the tribunal. then when he arrived he was told - actually it’s $20,000 or four weeks you have to decide right now. so he changed the cheque amount.

It's not too much tin foil to expect Afl will go whack every time Essendon steps out of line. That said, despite previous cases, 3 weeks is light on, let's hope Afl don't appeal sentence.

Basically he was told $10.000 or 4 weeks in the days before his “hearing”. so he wrote a cheque and fronted up to the tribunal. then when he arrived he was told - actually it’s $20,000 or four weeks you have to decide right now. so he changed the cheque amount.

So they put the bite on him - hhmmmmmmm.

Less than Masten?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The afl lawyer argued the outcome could have been worse if he broke the skin blah blah. Must be punished for what might have happened. Could have gotten infected. Head is protected. merrett gets knocked out from a high bump. Douglass get a week because of the medical report saying he pulled ok. You either punish for the act or you punish for the result. You can't have it both ways. Merrett could have been left with a broken neck - He wasn't and Douglas wasn't punished as tho he had. The Bulldog had no broken skin yet mckenna was punished like he had

He should be released into the midfield ASAP for me, He's the most explosive player on the list, His kicking is bordering on elite, He's aggressive and tough loves a tackle(Biting aside)and he runs hard both ways.

We have plenty of players who can play at HB in his absence, We have Heppell, Goddard and McGrath who can rotate through.

He has Dangerfield like explosiveness.

I think he's a star and can become a top 5 player on our list.

He should be released into the midfield ASAP for me, He's the most explosive player on the list, His kicking is bordering on elite, He's aggressive and tough loves a tackle(Biting aside)and he runs hard both ways.

We have plenty of players who can play at HB in his absence, We have Heppell, Goddard and McGrath who can rotate through.

Finally! Someone who agrees with me.

McKenna to midfield, Redman to HBF please

Big chance he still gets lost in the midfield imo

100%

A lad from County Tyrone, run down by a Dixon wearing Red, White & Blue. Back home, he'd get an award, if the Republic still gave them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back