Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Huh? I don't think that account is a genuine real person.

I think she might be. And a real doctor.

Possibly one of the more popular accounts on Twitter too.

But I was saying shouldn't we critic the information instead of the person/account

But I was saying shouldn't we critic the information instead of the person/account
No because its not a genuine account, its a bot.

What do you think it says?

Alright I'll take your word for it. I'm not that invested.

It's a very highly followed and influential bot
It just means i doubt the intent of the account as well as the information. Could well be a lot of people with jewish ancestry in the government. But the information is misleading placing a jewish flag as 'ancestry' when thats potentially their religion. The second person on that list was born in cuba to parents with ancestry from the ottoman empire and poland going back.

It just means i doubt the intent of the account as well as the information. Could well be a lot of people with jewish ancestry in the government. But the information is misleading placing a jewish flag as 'ancestry' when thats potentially their religion. The second person on that list was born in cuba to parents with ancestry from the ottoman empire and poland going back.

Well arnt most religious Jews ancestry from around the Middle East if you go back far enough

I know and know of enough Jews who are opposed to the Israeli state as to think that's not actually the reason - also there have been numerous US Presidents with varying degrees of Jewish representation in their administrations but with the same steadfast support for Israel. It's more complex than the anti-Semitic whiff of "Jews secretly run everything", but is a mix of modern day colonialism, evangelical Christianity, Islamophobia and racism, and capitalism.

Anyway, congratulations to the 13 members of Congress this week who supported a resolution for a ceasefire in opposition to the White House and their party leadership. Hopefully one of them runs against Biden in the primaries.

He could end being worse Trump (and that is obviously saying something) if he mishandles this conflict in Gaza, and the conflict widens to WW3.

At the moment he looks like a bumbling fool. I posted this in the other thread:

Biden is now questioning the death numbers coming from Gaza. Is he trying to be the new Trump?

You're going to argue over numbers? This is what he's concerned about? When people in a open air prison are unable to move, bombed, starved, dehydrated, unable to get medical supplies, living in the some of the worst sanitary conditions in the world, you're going to worry about how many heads have popped off children from Israeli air strikes?

Just thinking, and its happening to a degree already, that the older school neo conservatives of the Reagan through Bush era, will infiltrate the Dems moving them even further right.

Imagine that world, a choice between MAGA and Bush style Republicans, what a time to be alive.

In saying that, we have a lot of corporate Dems who are almost there already, just pay lip service to diversity as long as they tow the establishment line.

Just thinking, and its happening to a degree already, that the older school neo conservatives of the Reagan through Bush era, will infiltrate the Dems moving them even further right.

Imagine that world, a choice between MAGA and Bush style Republicans, what a time to be alive.

In saying that, we have a lot of corporate Dems who are almost there already, just pay lip service to diversity as long as they tow the establishment line.
True. And it won't get better while the US continues to allow essentially unlimited election campaign spending and continues to use a backward and outdated voting system. Citizens United will prove to be what delivered the death blow to progressivism in the US.

Some excellent observations on that point from Mark Kenny this morning in an article that links the flailing events in Washington with the Gaza crisis.

The most shocking thing about the selection of a homophobic House Speaker in DC, was not how long it took, nor even the three weeks of anarchy unleashed by the ambush of his predecessor.

Although to be sure, that indulgent vandalism was a dereliction of duty especially as it mapped almost exactly with a sharp deterioration in the global security situation.

No, it was that the election of Mike Johnson confirmed that the novel Trump virus (2016-2021) had developed new sub-variants capable of jumping generations and inhabiting whole institutions. The Grand Old Party of Lincoln had unanimously chosen an election-denying former Trump attorney known for opposing abortion, LGBTQI+ rights and even divorce.

America is a liberal democracy - minus the liberalism and with a contested attachment to the democracy bit.

It is also fairly characterised as a gerontocracy given that Joe Biden will be 82 before commencing a possible second term, and his favoured rival, Donald J. Trump is just four years younger.

The democratic contempt of Johnson, 51, however, demonstrates that MAGA Trumpism has a ruddy future well beyond its namesake's caked-on visage.

This matters because, America matters - particularly to its allies even if isolationist Republicans can see no further than internal culture wars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%, and it's why I've always taken major issue with propping up groups such as The Lincoln Project etc, whose attacks on Trump were often quite conservative ones but given credence through an "enemy of my enemy" mindset. It's also gone hand in hand with increasing attacks on the left and a view from the establishment that they have nowhere else to go.

Throwing one's hat in with a far right government, unpopular in both the US and Israel, seems insanely unwise to me, even before we get to the moral reprehensibility of the thing. Reports that Blinken's press secretary compared the anti-Israel protestors to the neo-Nazis who rallied in Charlottesville is only going to make people apathetic about whether the overt or covert racist wins next year election.

This is an Arab community newspaper in Michigan. I'm sure it represents many (in Australia too, we'll see if there's any traction but I have heard some talk about whether Labor is losing votes in Sydney's west and Melbourne's northwest to the Greens).

F9i62r8WoAAGy_b

He could end being worse Trump (and that is obviously saying something) if he mishandles this conflict in Gaza, and the conflict widens to WW3.

At the moment he looks like a bumbling fool. I posted this in the other thread:

Biden is now questioning the death numbers coming from Gaza. Is he trying to be the new Trump?

You're going to argue over numbers? This is what he's concerned about? When people in a open air prison are unable to move, bombed, starved, dehydrated, unable to get medical supplies, living in the some of the worst sanitary conditions in the world, you're going to worry about how many heads have popped off children from Israeli air strikes?

No wars under Trump.

Trump only made things worse in Israel and the Middle East. No wars under Trump is a misnomer, you obviously don't pay attention to geopolitical conflicts that are ongoing.
Drone use, assassinating an Iranian general on a diplomatic trip in Iraq, continuation in Afghanistan... Things which Biden has reduced, not done, or ended. Biden also hasn't started any wars.

Last edited:
Drone use, assassinating an Iranian general on a diplomatic trip in Iraq, continuation in Afghanistan... Things which Biden has reduced, not done, or ended. Biden also hasn't started any wars.

Unless one somehow thinks Russia invading Ukraine and what Hamas did in Israel is Biden’s fault (it isn’t).

100%, and it's why I've always taken major issue with propping up groups such as The Lincoln Project etc, whose attacks on Trump were often quite conservative ones but given credence through an "enemy of my enemy" mindset. It's also gone hand in hand with increasing attacks on the left and a view from the establishment that they have nowhere else to go.

Throwing one's hat in with a far right government, unpopular in both the US and Israel, seems insanely unwise to me, even before we get to the moral reprehensibility of the thing. Reports that Blinken's press secretary compared the anti-Israel protestors to the neo-Nazis who rallied in Charlottesville is only going to make people apathetic about whether the overt or covert racist wins next year election.

This is an Arab community newspaper in Michigan. I'm sure it represents many (in Australia too, we'll see if there's any traction but I have heard some talk about whether Labor is losing votes in Sydney's west and Melbourne's northwest to the Greens).

F9i62r8WoAAGy_b

I’ve had a go at you at times for you having this take, my mindset was protect democracy at all costs, but essentially what are we even protecting now?

Sad to say it may actually take a legitimate fascist in charge to get people to wake the f up and properly drain the swamp.

I mean I obviously don’t want it to get to that point as things could get way worse than even now, but the corporate Dems and general establishment still think Trump is a one off fever dream, when he is a symptom of the malaise that has existed at least since Reagan era that people turn to someone like him as a Hail Mary.

And a Trump led US government will serve their interests better?

The fact is that the House is Republican led wth the 9 members who voted against the support for Israel all being Democrats.

An emotional response that we all understand but unlikely to play out in January when they realise the alternative.

Last edited:

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back