Everton FC, MVFC
FITZPATRICK%20Jack.png

Number:48
Recruited from: Wyndhamvale/Western Jets
Height: 200cm
Weight: 99kg
DOB: 26/06/91
Debut: 2011

Bio: Supremely quick and agile ruckman who can play at both ends of the ground. Strong hands overhead a feature. His 2.96secs for 20m (top 18 per cent) and 23.91secs for 30m repeat sprints (ranked No.1) were outstanding indicators of his athletic ability for a tall. Vic Metro U18 representative in 2009. AIS-AFL Academy graduate.

Club Profile

Demonwiki

Re: Jack Fitzpatrick

Has a striking resemblance to an unmade bed, but who cares as long as he can play.

Now got a haircut looks a damn side better. Will start with Casey 2NDS and hopefully will make progress to Casey firsts this season. A young man whom has had health problems that deserves a break. Is very determined to make it. Hope he does

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/89699/default.aspx

Demons to unveil Fitzpatrick

DEAN Bailey will hand an early opportunity to the club's final selection in last year's NAB AFL Draft, ruckman Jack Fitzpatrick, when Melbourne meets Fremantle at Subiaco Oval on Sunday.
Although Bailey acknowledged top-two picks Tom Scully and Jack Trengove would attract the most attention in the NAB Cup clash, he said Fitzpatrick, taken at No.50 and a former AIS-AFL Academy squad member, had impressed since November.

"He's done enough in pre-season to warrant an opportunity," he said.
"We look forward to seeing him really perform well and the two new guys we've drafted are going to take some spotlight."
Bailey said Scully and Trengove's workload would continue to be monitored carefully, but added they would be right in the Demons' plans for the start of the premiership season.

"If we can manage their progress over the next four or five weeks … then I'm sure they'll be in the mix for round one," he said.

"But that's a long way off yet and we've still got four practice games to go and they're young men with great expectations.

"But we've just got to make sure we manage them the right way, so when they do start playing they can have some longevity in the game."
Entering his third season as Melbourne coach, Bailey said the key areas his squad had focused on over the summer had been its kicking, its ability to hit targets and zones.

He was encouraged by those in last Saturday's intra-club clash at Casey Fields.

Meanwhile, wingman Cale Morton said the side was keen to see what inroads it had made over the pre-season.

"We're excited to get out there and see how much we've improved," Morton said.

"We certainly don't want to finish on the bottom of the ladder again.
"We're really looking for that marked improvement and to develop as a playing group. In a few years' time, we really want to be up there in the competition, playing finals footy and searching for the top four."
JFitz_train10_246a.jpg

Liking the attempt to move attention away to someone else by having the article appear to be about Fitzpatrick, then reverting back to Scullgove after a couple of lines.

Jack Fitzpatrick

An absolute steal at 50.

http://www.footballnation.com.au/af...cts/2009-afl-draft-prospect-jack-fitzpatrick/

This 200-centimetre plus forward is athletic and he has plenty of potential. Represents the Western Jets in the TAC Cup and had some terrific outings in 2008, but also some average performances. He is a player recruiters will be keeping a very close eye on, because on potential he is a top three pick. Capable of taking strong marks and kicking bags of goals.

Potential top three pick! We're going to have a very good ruck quarter with Jamar still there to play and mentor the likes of Gawn and Fitzpatrick.

So how long does it take for a player of Fitzys size to develop?
I must admit I think Gawn will probly be a 4 years + project.
But a smaller (its all relative! 200cm is still :O ) ruckman, how long before we could realistically see a Jamar/Fitzy duo week in, week out. 2 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how long does it take for a player of Fitzys size to develop?
I must admit I think Gawn will probly be a 4 years + project.
But a smaller (its all relative! 200cm is still :O ) ruckman, how long before we could realistically see a Jamar/Fitzy duo week in, week out. 2 years?

Fitz is being groomed as a KPF.

He is like a rake, have a look at Tippetts body shape and thats what Fitz might look like in 4 years.

Yeah, Fitz is probably the one of the players with the most potential on our list, but he is also starting from an extremely low base in terms of how ready he is to succeed at AFL level.

There is so much development to do with this kid, but if the club can do it in the right way and manage his CFS carefully, then I see no reason why he can't be a very good player in the future (When I say future, I mean 4-5 years at least).

To me, he's close to the most exciting prospect on our list, but I also recognise that because of the work involved in getting him to an acceptable standard he's a high-risk high-reward type proposition.

No disrespect, but in the video the way he moves reminded me of a taller version of Ryan Houlihan of Carlton. Love him or hate him he has been a long-serving consistent player for the blues.
If he is better than him I would be rapt.

Jack Fitzpatrick 2011 Review:
Todd Viney said:
Jack had an injury-interrupted year, but he played some really good games when he came back. He forced his way into the senior team for a match - the final round against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval - and at 200cm, he will be a really exciting player for us with another pre-season under his belt. He also has elite speed.
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/default.aspx?newsid=124854

From the summaries he seems to be able to rip games apart in a quarter or two, but only does it once every so often. Needs a bit more consistency and confidence.

Still a few years away, good to see him improving.

Hopefully he can stay on the park in 2012 and maybe even
play a couple of AFL games.

Needs time and experience, Casey is the perfect platform
for him to ply his trade without much pressure.
The key for Fitz would be to have a good solid pre-season.

Kids going to be some sort of player, no doubt about that at all.

I hope we can manage it too. Has not had much luck with his health thus far, but is a great athlete. Hopefully the coaches can do something with him.

Hello Dees
Just wondering how Jack Fitzpatrick is going at the moment. I had heard his health wasn,t travelling too well but that was a while back.
Is he back on track . Thanks folks . All the best for 2013. You deserve a good season.

Hey JoondalupJ , I moved your thread into the existing thread on Jack in our Change Rooms board. To answer your question, I think he was diagnosed with diabetes early in the year but judging by his form in the VFL (lead their goal kicking, finished high in the B+F) he's travelling alright at the minute.

Hey JoondalupJ , I moved your thread into the existing thread on Jack in our Change Rooms board. To answer your question, I think he was diagnosed with diabetes early in the year but judging by his form in the VFL (lead their goal kicking, finished high in the B+F) he's travelling alright at the minute.
Thanks Captain Jack. I hope he has a ripper year ahead good luck to him and your guys as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back