AFL Player #49: Jaiden Hunter - Did his ACL, surgery went well - 24/1

Remove this Banner Ad

Signing an injury prone guy with a broken back in 2023 who hasn’t played footy since 2021 is. When he does yet another ACL it’s also a red flag.

1. He's a very young and shows talent in a position that is notoriously hard to fill
  2. He's a mid-year draft pick
  3. He kicks a bag in his first VFL game
  4. He's been given a one-year contract
  5. We have a young list searching for a CHF - Jones and Weiderman are no certainties.
My gut feeling is that this injury will most likely end his career unless he impresses with his rehab, is given 1-year extension, dominates in preseason next year and pushes for 1 or 2 games in 2025 ... less than 5% chance.

However, when you take those 5 points into account, how is he a list management failure? He's not costing as a list spot we can't afford and is exactly the kind of player we need to cycle through as we look for forward-line depth.

With all due respect, your comment is achieving a score of 98% on the stupidity scale.

1. He's a very young and shows talent in a position that is notoriously hard to fill
  2. He's a mid-year draft pick
  3. He kicks a bag in his first VFL game
  4. He's been given a one-year contract
  5. We have a young list searching for a CHF - Jones and Weiderman are no certainties.
My gut feeling is that this injury will most likely end his career unless he impresses with his rehab, is given 1-year extension, dominates in preseason next year and pushes for 1 or 2 games in 2025 ... less than 5% chance.

However, when you take those 5 points into account, how is he a list management failure? He's not costing as a list spot we can't afford and is exactly the kind of player we need to cycle through as we look for forward-line depth.

With all due respect, your comment is achieving a score of 98% on the stupidity scale.
Probably could've just kept Stewart instead of paying him out.

i hope we do get an SSP spot. hopefully we use it on a speculative pick that is recovering from a significant injury that everyone else had bypassed, high risk, maybe, but potentially a high return

ACL surgery went well
Ignore Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baldwin and jayden both had dual ACLs no?
i do wonder with his age and the roll he plays if we don't give him the time, given Brad is preaching patience.

It's a tough one. He'd be 23 before he plays again - and then probably needs that extra year to recover in the VFL. It's a sad outcome, but I think we need to cut our losses.

There's also still no assurances Baldwin (nearly 22) and Jayden (nearly 20) actually make it (at AFL level) either.

Insane how Jones cops so much flack and is always on the "verge of being let go" yet this guy...

I feel for him but let's have some perspective.
He probably is going to be let go that’s why I feel a bit sympathetic for him. I’d rather be in Jones shoes than Jaiden’s atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back