AFL Player #49: Jaiden Hunter - Did his ACL, surgery went well - 24/1

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree Dave. He was a MSD which means, for me anyway, he didn't show enough to be drafted with the rest of his peers. And 2 decent games at VFL isn't enough to keep him for me, unless the ass falls out this year and we discover half our list is spuds and we go cutting.

Which I'm also not ruling out.

Personally what I'd do is find him work in whatever his chosen profession is, keep him round but on the VFL list. If he shows enough pick him up again as a delisted free agent. (Is that possible eth-dog)
Yes

We won’t be winning flags (or finals 7000+) as long as we hold on to has beens, never weres and busted players. This kid ain’t no Tom Brady. The sooner we acknowledge and move on the better. We’ve got enough dead wood already. The echo in these here chambers has been resounding for 20 years and yet while EFC has failed at every turn in that period you chaps can’t acknowledge fault at the club or in the players. It’s a curious level of sycophant that exists in these ranks.
I was pointing out that it's a disingenuous metric to suggest that one equals the other. A player sustaining an injury doesn't automatically mean they're a s**t signing.

Oh. So you wrote your post wrong?

I'm not slicing anything. You said he hadn't played football since 2021 which is wrong.

I also think he's gone so I don't have an opposing view.
No. Check my original unedited post. Clearly states “Hasn’t played regular footy since ‘21”

Looked promising, but not enough to keep him on the list given all his injury issues, and never played a game.

It would take a Lars surgery and a miracle comeback to stay on the list.

You chaps can bookmark it and come back when he departs to concede that I’m shown to be right.

Crowing about a player being delisted is so boring.

Most players don’t make it. Especially MSD selections. Congrats on picking the odds on favourite. Real genius here.

I’ll be here
Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Unlucky - he showed real promise in short amount of time but has been struck by such serious injuries before he had enough time to get on the park. Suspect without the injuries we'd be talking about what a steal he was.

Crowing about a player being delisted is so boring.

Most players don’t make it. Especially MSD selections. Congrats on picking the odds on favourite. Real genius here.
No crow here, pal. I simply stated that he’s been shown to have been unlucky and ultimately a poor signing. I merely reiterated my point when shouted down and having him compared to multi premiership players and Tom Brady 😘

Last edited:
No crow here, pal. I simply stated that he’s been shown to have been unlucky and ultimately a poor signing. I merely reiterated my point when shouted down and having him compared to multi premiership players and Tom Brady 😘

You chaps can bookmark it and come back when he departs to concede that I’m shown to be right. I’ll be here gracious in being correct

Looks a lot like congratulating yourself on your own genius for literally picking the most mundane thing - a bloke picked up on the rookie list in the MSD won't have a big impact at AFL level.

Boring.

Looked a likely type - this is very unfortunate for the young bloke.

A knee reco into a stress fracture of the back into another knee reco doesn’t bode well - yes recovery is possible but at some point it starts to look like his body just isn’t up to it (for whatever reason). AFL is a brutal sport.

Is it the same knee he had his initial ACL injury? Hopefully a scenario where he can retain his athleticism and have 2 strong knees. Really like this guy.

Disagree Dave. He was a MSD which means, for me anyway, he didn't show enough to be drafted with the rest of his peers. And 2 decent games at VFL isn't enough to keep him for me, unless the ass falls out this year and we discover half our list is spuds and we go cutting.

Which I'm also not ruling out.

Personally what I'd do is find him work in whatever his chosen profession is, keep him round but on the VFL list. If he shows enough pick him up again as a delisted free agent. (Is that possible eth-dog)

That's reasonable I guess. As bombreys said, it's a cut throat business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No crow here, pal. I simply stated that he’s been shown to have been unlucky and ultimately a poor signing. I merely reiterated my point when shouted down and having him compared to multi premiership players and Tom Brady
Ease up turbo.

Not sure how you connect "unlucky" injuries to poor recruiting?

And he was MSD pick up, which at best are a throw of the dice. Just happened to be snakes eyes in this case.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Ease up turbo.

Not sure how you connect "unlucky" injuries to poor recruiting?

And he was MSD pick up, which at best are a throw of the dice. Just happened to be snakes eyes in this case.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
Recruiters knew he'd had a knee reco and elected to draft him.....fair enough. But recruiters couldn't know about the back stress fracture or the potential for further knee injuries unless they were informed by medical staff, we can only assume they were not.

Whether medical staff, either ours or the AFL's, should have picked this up is another question.

So until he unluckily had an injury he was not a poor signing? Can't really tell because you've shown zero interest in Hunter since he was drafted. Anyone would think all you're really interested in doing is potting the club. Trollishness.

Recruiters knew he'd had a knee reco and elected to draft him.....fair enough. But recruiters couldn't know about the back stress fracture or the potential for further knee injuries unless they were informed by medical staff, we can only assume they were not.

Whether medical staff, either ours or the AFL's, should have picked this up is another question.
The knee bone‘s connected to the backbone… all part of the same problem I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back