Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Gone imo

Hoping the suns really take a liking to him and offer more than blues/Norff
Was having a look at the Suns board and found this. Can't get more of an inside source than the Suns CEO.

A few of us were down in the rooms after the game and had a chat to Mark Evans.

He indicated to us that Eddie Betts does want to play for us next year it’s just about how we can make it happen and what we will need to give up as he is contracted with Adelaide next year, it is expected to be done though.

He also indicated that Hugh Greenwood and Brandon Ellis are likely to come to us during the trade period.

Also Sam Powell-Pepper’s manager has been reaching out to us directly about the potential of Sam playing for us next year this one is less likely but could happen.

Also likely that Jarryd Roughead will join us next year under a coaching role.

If he really wanted to he could kick 60 goals today and take the Coleman off Cameron, but it’s a team sport and he’s a team player

Brandon has been a very good player for us and is a respectable guy too. I'm happy we got him and would be glad to keep him. He's a premiership player for us.

However, to go the next level (imagine how good we could get), we need a line breaking winger who can damage opponents, ala a Whitfield type. Someone with pace and skills that can run all day.

So yeah, whilst Ellis would indeed be a loss, we can cover him as we have enough good players to fill the role. If we can get/find an upgrade, beautiful!
I can see that a quality player of Whitfield's class stands out at GWS, re last night's results against the GCS, 1 goal and 19 kicks...
I cannot see our MC and coaches allowing Whitfield to just walk in and start playing his own natural game in the side...
Even if he has pace/skills and can run all day! Sound familiar?!?
I'd imagine there would be some discussion of his role to be played at Richmond, who knows how that may impact on his general play?!?
His interaction with the players and team plan/strategies...
Even Shedda alluded to that recently...everybody plays a role, no-one is expected to be a match winner!
So if that is the case...would Whitfield be a great improvement over BEllis?!?

I can see that a quality player of Whitfield's class stands out at GWS, re last night's results against the GCS, 1 goal and 19 kicks...
I cannot see our MC and coaches allowing Whitfield to just walk in and start playing his own natural game in the side...
Even if he has pace/skills and can run all day! Sound familiar?!?
I'd imagine there would be some discussion of his role to be played at Richmond, who knows how that may impact on his general play?!?
His interaction with the players and team plan/strategies...
Even Shedda alluded to that recently...everybody plays a role, no-one is expected to be a match winner!
So if that is the case...would Whitfield be a great improvement over BEllis?!?

YES!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seen flower play heaps, all class. can't remember him being a hard nut though or crash bang tough. but courage was good and often played injured, just sayin his skill and sized made him a champ but more noted for his outdoor game and brilliant evasion, beautiful hands and clever pack skirting.

You are saying he did all those things, but the point is, he never did anything on the football field where you would say "mmmmm ... should've gone harder there", or "he offloaded that ball quick to avoid the tackle". There are outside players, and then there are players who play so wide they get diagnosed as having anthrophobia.

Wasn’t good, wasn’t bad. Strange bump imo.
It's amazing, we've just had a great win, finished 4th, a terrific "team win" and some feel compelled to bump this thread 7 minutes after the game has finished to take pot shots.
It shows more about the character, or lack of character of the those bagging him.

So what's the point of this post? Seriously, the haters need to get a life.
The point of that post is to highlight to people like yourself that when there is a big game and he is expected to perform he goes missing, Seriously you can only keep backing this bloke to a level then after that you just look silly.

When its big boys time , Ellis is not there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back