Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

BRANDO was fine, Lions dominated the stats but We made em pay, Brando very defensive today guarding the dangerous situations and areas, still gets involved in 7 or 8 quality chains and his hard running and Lamberts give, he bangs home the sealer....Dimma would be pleased with his no fuss and very efficient game as per usual.

Last edited:

The point of that post is to highlight to people like yourself that when there is a big game and he is expected to perform he goes missing, Seriously you can only keep backing this bloke to a level then after that you just look silly.

When its big boys time , Ellis is not there
Like last week against west coast ?

i'm surprise Dimma and co hasn't called on cross code friend Craig Bellamy for drills to toughen up Bellis up like rugby tackling sessions...like being hit really hard while in mid air...i'm sure Towno would relish the hard hits sessions. Belly would be honoured to work with the Tigers, the team of his mentor, tshirt Tommy

Squibbed three contests that I saw today. Was bullied by Robbo when on him. Ranked in the bottom six on our autopsy thread when I last looked.
Very disappointing today as I was expecting more from him after Kouta pumped him up. 😔
Lol, confirmation bias at it's finest.
Go to the game, wait for every mistake, then add it to the memory bank.

Lol, confirmation bias at it's finest.
Go to the game, wait for every mistake, then add it to the memory bank.
Seriously at least I watch the game. He was rubbish today and totally ineffective. The only bias here is yourself, yet the pot is calling the kettle black. Really how biased are you if you think he was even serviceable today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn’t give a damn about all that rubbish as it compares players with different roles. He was thrashed today and was total trash. He’s weak as piss in physical contests and gave us no drive at all. Rated bottom five now on the autopsy thread , so at least 100 plus Tigers saw the game as me.
Yep just as I expected you look at some ranking sheet and stats as you don’t watch the game.

Has anyone blamed Ellis for the turnover in the middle of the ground where Prestia(?) grubbed a kick to him in the second quarter and the Lions goaled?

Has anyone blamed Ellis for the turnover in the middle of the ground where Prestia(?) grubbed a kick to him in the second quarter and the Lions goaled?
In fairness RT he went half arsed at that and really should have done better than that. I’d like to see it again though as it happened so unexpectedly.

In fairness RT he went half arsed at that and really should have done better than that. I’d like to see it again though as it happened so unexpectedly.
The kick basically rolled the whole way to him. I'd suggest the 'half assed' was to try and ensure he kept the ball in front of him.

You see a joe the goose. The coaches see him run 100 metres to get into a position to receive the joe the goose. :smirkcat:
And if he didnt Lambert would have kicked that goal from 10 mtrs out, The only person that really benefited from that was B.Ellis and him having a goal

I couldn’t give a damn about all that rubbish as it compares players with different roles. He was thrashed today and was total trash. He’s weak as piss in physical contests and gave us no drive at all. Rated bottom five now on the autopsy thread , so at least 100 plus Tigers saw the game as me.
Yep just as I expected you look at some ranking sheet and stats as you don’t watch the game.
No I disagree thought Ellis was full of running and when needed stood up to go...and worked well as link man...good kicking as well!

And if he didnt Lambert would have kicked that goal from 10 mtrs out, The only person that really benefited from that was B.Ellis and him having a goal
I thought that the Team benefited from that goal...all worked hard to create it!

Yes he would have kicked it but there was Ellis doing the Richmond thang. Next time he might ignore him and next time he might be on a tough angle and need someone who has run 100m for the team.
It’s all good at Tigerland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back