Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

You couldn’t get any closer to home than Princes Park for Brando. lol. Irrelevant it’s about the money and Conca was getting more and more game time. We heard from you and many others on here similar stories about Reece’s loyalty and how the boys and Dimma loved him and he would stay. In the end Balme makes the decisions and age is irrelevant if the player is needed. Why do you reckon Brando has held off negotiations? He low balled Conca bc as you say the younger and better cavalry were coming in. Hello hello what is happening to Brando now?
we always knew tigs loved reece and he would go. we all were happy and wished him the best.

Many ways you can look at it

Why was he so far away from his player ? Did his player get away from him and he was lagging behind ?
from all reports his direct opponent was McClugguge but a rarely seen then near eachother and Clugg had a great game compared to Ellis and was one of their best players on the day

Yep I can see Ellis being dragged over the coals for that bit of play.

The Tigers have just made the top four after a season that saw us slip to 7-6 on the back of injuries to our better players and I just think that we could have celebrated this for longer than seven minutes before we started bagging individuals. I liken it to me bagging Jason Roy or Jos Buttler straight after the win instead of celebrating Stokes and the magnitude of the win.
Seems churlish.

The Tigers have just made the top four after a season that saw us slip to 7-6 on the back of injuries to our better players and I just think that we could have celebrated this for longer than seven minutes before we started bagging individuals. I liken it to me bagging Jason Roy or Jos Buttler straight after the win instead of celebrating Stokes and the magnitude of the win.
Seems churlish.
Do that in another thread as this is the Ellis thread. If you can’t discuss a point without getting worked up then move on and be a man of your word and put us on ignore. I think you’re being selfish here.

His first quarter was rubbish and Robbo ate him up and he was mainly involved in nothing, but cheap ball receives. The seagulls looked fiercer.
View attachment 734707
Very very good five touches apparently from reports...
Very very good five touches apparently from reports...
Robbo body slammed 3 of our boys then ran around frightening some of our softer guys and even scared the seagulls back to Williamstown too by some similar reports. Him and Lochie grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck until we got a few lucky ones in the last. phew. :drunk:

View attachment 734707

Robbo body slammed 3 of our boys then ran around frightening some of our softer guys and even scared the seagulls back to Williamstown too by some similar reports. Him and Lochie grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck until we got a few lucky ones in the last. phew. :drunk:
Wow what great sense you make in bringing up evidence to counter argue points being raised. I’m still waiting for facts on your last claim. 😂

conca is older, injuries have been regular and his roots are in wa...balme is a smart operator so we lost nothing and conca gets well paid at freo as ross and jack graham were ready made replacements and ready to go and no way known grigg, conca, jack graham, caddy and a rookie new inside mid would ever be on the same field together.
lol the only time Grigg, Conca, Graham and Caddy didnt play together in 2018 was when one of them happened to be injured. And it is laughable to suggest a very good inside out rookie like Ross would not get a game alongside of them.

Also both Graham had done little as a mid and Ross was a pick in the 40s with no guarantee he would amount to anything.Like any young draftee he was very much looked upon as a long term prospect who may or may not get some games because of his physical development.
Ross in particular had nothing to do with Conca going to Fremantle. And neither would have been considered ready made replacements at the time of Conca's departure sheesh ross wasnt even at the club when Conca was traded and we had no idea he would be available to us in the draft.Or was he?
Talk about talking out of your arse.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol the only time Grigg, Conca, Graham and Caddy didnt play together in 2018 was when one of them happened to be injured. And it is laughable to suggest a very good inside out rookie like Ross would not get a game alongside of them.

Also both Graham had done little as a mid and Ross was a pick in the 40s with no guarantee he would amount to anything.Ross in particular had nothing to do with Conca going to Fremantle.And neither would have been considered ready made replacements at the time of Conca's departure sheesh ross wasnt at the club was he?
Talk about talking out of your arse.
It’s crazy mopsy , but don’t take it to heart as in another thread he mentioned Neale’s 51p at 88% DE were of little hurt factor although 50% or so were contested, yet he will pump up Ellis 15p of softness as some great acts. Especially his gut running effort to get the Joe the Goose goal. There’s no balance or honesty in here and why the value in these discussions get lost . It’s like being in a courtroom and you’re playing the lawyer all the time in disproving their stories. Why can’t people just argue the facts? We complimented Ellis on a good game last week and mentioned where he needed to improve, yet this week he was awful. My sister is an Ellis fan and was upset when he was dropped last year, but she can see that he’s been up and down all year . She said he was awful yesterday and is worried he will be dropped again.
I told her he won’t get dropped, but yesterday was a worry. He was voted our fifth worst player in the autopsy and would have been lower if the usual minimum three votes weren’t allocated to him .

we always knew tigs loved reece and he would go. we all were happy and wished him the best.

I will also wish Brandon Ellis the best at his new club and hope he becomes a 250 game player,Whilst welcoming our new pick #20 player
I dont hold grudges or hate any richmond player (apart from 1) ;)

It’s crazy mopsy , but don’t take it to heart as in another thread he mentioned Neale’s 51p at 88% DE were of little hurt factor although 50% or so were contested, yet he will pump up Ellis 15p of softness as some great acts. Especially his gut running effort to get the Joe the Goose goal. There’s no balance or honesty in here and why the value in these discussions get lost . It’s like being in a courtroom and you’re playing the lawyer all the time in disproving their stories. Why can’t people just argue the facts? We complimented Ellis on a good game last week and mentioned where he needed to improve, yet this week he was awful. My sister is an Ellis fan and was upset when he was dropped last year, but she can see that he’s been up and down all year . She said he was awful yesterday and is worried he will be dropped again.
I told her he won’t get dropped, but yesterday was a worry. He was voted our fifth worst player in the autopsy and would have been lower if the usual minimum three votes weren’t allocated to him .
I don’t get why McIntosh is being overlooked for Brando, I just don’t get it. He runs all day like Eliis, but, he doesn’t flinch when body contact is coming, puts two arms up when a hit is coming and is taller with better leg speed(I think?). Perhaps it’s kicking efficiency? It’s the only thing I can think of as to why we are playing Ellis ahead of him.
Must be close to a recall though as he was out on the ground pregame on Sunday warming up

I don’t get why McIntosh is being overlooked for Brando, I just don’t get it. He runs all day like Eliis, but, he doesn’t flinch when body contact is coming, puts two arms up when a hit is coming and is taller with better leg speed(I think?). Perhaps it’s kicking efficiency? It’s the only thing I can think of as to why we are playing Ellis ahead of him.
Must be close to a recall though as he was out on the ground pregame on Sunday warming up
It’s absolutely baffling to us all.

I’m a Macca fan and was surprised when he was dropped. Looking at his stats he was around the 14 disposals mark ave. So maybe they thought he just wasn’t getting it enough.
Ellis hasn’t done much wrong and part of a winning run so it could be one of those things.
Ellis is around the 22 disposals but wouldn’t know if they play the same roll.

one part of Ellis game was decent in the first quarter. Funnily enough its part of his game the pro Ellis posters say he he is not there to do.
I thought he linked up and actually went fwd with ball and disposals well in the first.That doesnt mean other parts of his game were not good.
He was virtually a passenger for the rest of the game.

He is your typical glass half full and for the life of me know we can do better.For mine Ross or McIntosh are better options and there are any number of other options we can try Caddy Lambert Edwards Bolton.

one part of Ellis game was decent in the first quarter. Funnily enough its part of his game the pro Ellis posters say he he is not there to do.
I thought he linked up and actually went fwd with ball and disposals well in the first.That doesnt mean other parts of his game were not good.
He was virtually a passenger for the rest of the game.

He is your typical glass half full and for the life of me know we can do better.For mine Ross or McIntosh are better options and there are any number of other options we can try Caddy Lambert Edwards Bolton.

Another anti bellis post wasting time

Another anti bellis post wasting time
As opposed to the over enthusiastic. Thought Mopsy was being reasonably fair, he was decent in the first and 7 possessions after Q time, while his opponent racked them up. It is anti bellis because he was pretty ineffective, not exactly what you want going into finals and playing on quality opponents. Especially when you have a proven finals player like MacIntosh in the VFL.

As opposed to the over enthusiastic. Thought Mopsy was being reasonably fair, he was decent in the first and 7 possessions after Q time, while his opponent racked them up. It is anti bellis because he was pretty ineffective, not exactly what you want going into finals and playing on quality opponents. Especially when you have a proven finals player like MacIntosh in the VFL.

Seems anti bellis because his role isn’t to rack up 30+ disposals a game

It’s the same as saying drop Lynch for Moore after the north game, 1 goal and 5 possessions

I will also wish Brandon Ellis the best at his new club and hope he becomes a 250 game player,Whilst welcoming our new pick #20 player
I dont hold grudges or hate any richmond player (apart from 1) ;)
agree with most of that. can't agree with it all because i'm not sure who the tig is you hate. :think:

good luck to b.e. he's been good for us.

Seems anti bellis because his role isn’t to rack up 30+ disposals a game

It’s the same as saying drop Lynch for Moore after the north game, 1 goal and 5 possessions
When he gets 20+ you say well done, when he gets 7 possessions after Q time you say it isn't his roll.

Moore is on a different planet to Lynch. MacIntosh is thereabouts with Ellis, but I bet McCluggage wouldn't have such a free wheeling game with MacIntosh on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back