Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Cotchin only 15 disposals and zero tackles and zero goals? Needs to be held accountable.

Bellis for captain
We’ve now moved on from Dusty to our Captain? Please stop this nonsense out as it’s a bad look on you. Stick to the points being discussed.

His last two games were unfortunately miles apart. I noticed Bolton and Balta more on Sunday and they had howlers.
The difference between these players and Brando is they can impact games when the ball is in their zone, whilst Brando trots around like a headless chook. He’s so bland I think I’ll call him Blando from now on. I can see why Balme has given him a contract which has forced him to look at the outside market bc with our kids coming on Blando lacks their x-factor and class. He may do them in headless chook gut running in which really is ineffective as a half decent opponent burns him anyway. Then take in his squib acts , poor decision making and chip chip panic kicks and rushed hospital handballs with low tackle counts and really he’s a below average footballer trying to bloodsuck a big payday. The reality is he’s easily replaced bc he’s got only a few bland tricks and I wouldn’t pay him a cent over $250k and that’s me being generous.
Was Blando running with mccluggage? If he was he blando got touched right up, mccluggage showed how a good wingman plays the game.

Conca was coming off multiple injury interrupted seasons and was offered more security/opportunity to return home than what we were prepared to offer. Ellis has played over 20 games a season for 8 years on average barely missed with injury and it was only Dimma focusing on his negatives rather than his positives that cost him his spot last year.

This is what you meant to post wasn't it? ;)

Unintentionally ironic????

Maybe if Prestia hits his kick better instead of having it bounce 3/4 of the way to Ellis he may have done better than what eventuated, but heaven forbid we blame someone else for a poor disposal.

For those playing along at home Ellis' first quarter:
5.34 - Mark I50 and hits up Castagna 25m out who kicks out on the full
6.41 - Should have received a free kick for dropping the ball against McCarthy
9.53 - wins contested possession in the centre square, goes to Caddy who goes to Prestia who hits up George who misses the goal
20.07 - tackled Bailey inside D50 which covers for Shorts horrible kick across goal, Rioli gathers loose ball and clears D50.
20.52 - receives from Houli and hits up Jack 40m out who goals
28.43 - provides support to Baker who is running up the wing, gives to Graham who turns it over after being pressured, would need to be Usain Bolt to have shepherded for Graham
30.38 - wins a stoppage clearance inside D50 and a deft handball to Houli allows us to clear D50 with 30 seconds left before 1/4 time.

By my reckoning he should have had 2 direct goal assists/3 score involvements if George converts 2 easy chances, stopped an easy turnover 30m out from the Lions goal with a defensive effort and helped us avoid conceding a last second goal by winning a clearance inside D50. Not bad for a player who had a no impact in the first quarter.
Went missing for 10 mins.
Don't worry i'm looking.
radar-1320880933.gif

Interesting comments from McRae. Posted here because it could impact on Brandon I suppose.........

McRae indicated premiership player Kamdyn McIntosh will slot back into his customary winger role after several weeks in defence attempting to build versatility into his game.

"There were opportunities for him to potentially play that role at AFL level, but I think now the finals have started, we may see him back playing in his normal wing form.

"We want to get him in as best form as possible to grab opportunities as they present."
Bellis > Kmac for moi.
Kmac wouldn't walk straight into the AFL team I wouldn't have thought. His appaling foot skills. Yuck! turnover kicks into the corridor. vs The Windy Hill Allstars 3rds.
Hopefully we've gone past him. Is 190 + but doesn't really use it to any great advantage.

Was Blando running with mccluggage? If he was he blando got touched right up, mccluggage showed how a good wingman plays the game.
mccluggage is a good player...just like LN is, so we going to bag out LN's oppo cos he didn't shut him down?!? FFS!
Last time I looked it is a team sport...

mccluggage is a good player...just like LN is, so we going to bag out LN's oppo cos he didn't shut him down?!? FFS!
Last time I looked it is a team sport...
Sorry but your missing my point mate. People want to defend blando and say he plays his role well....... he doesn’t in my opinion. Young 21 yr old in McCluggage plays the same wing role and was miles ahead of him. I said the week leading into this game we will find out how far Brando has come......... I was proved correct again.

It was an analogy. It’s so simple to understand I can’t believe you’re struggling with it. Half driven him out!
It doesn’t mean by vehicle. Think a little bit cryptic.
Againis is it a fact or an assumption?

So you’re saying Neil just puts the hammer down in the end? I think using the word ‘drives’ you may confuse some on here. 😀
Confusion happens when people insist other posters use facts, then disregards the facts presented, then makes wide ranging assumptions themselves and expects their word to be taken as fact.

Again the kick to him from Prestia was s**t and if Ellis was the one who kicked it to Prestia there would be a hell of a lot more posts in this thread criticising how woeful the kick and decision to take that option was.

Spot on.

I went to the game, watched the replay twice. Ellis was ok. Nothing too special but ok. Just like 9 or 10 other guys maybe, which is norm numbers most weeks. Big deal.

Prestia's disposal is s**thouse. Terrible. Love the Meatball but nobody can say his disposal is all that great. If Ellis was tracking the same numbers as Prestia (e.g. 68% DE...missing everything in front of goal at 5.14) then there'd be even bigger, inequitable melts on this thread than there already is - if that's possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His last two games were unfortunately miles apart. I noticed Bolton and Balta more on Sunday and they had howlers.
The difference between these players and Brando is they can impact games when the ball is in their zone, whilst Brando trots around like a headless chook. He’s so bland I think I’ll call him Blando from now on. I can see why Balme has given him a contract which has forced him to look at the outside market bc with our kids coming on Blando lacks their x-factor and class. He may do them in headless chook gut running in which really is ineffective as a half decent opponent burns him anyway. Then take in his squib acts , poor decision making and chip chip panic kicks and rushed hospital handballs with low tackle counts and really he’s a below average footballer trying to bloodsuck a big payday. The reality is he’s easily replaced bc he’s got only a few bland tricks and I wouldn’t pay him a cent over $250k and that’s me being generous.
I know you got strong views on Brando and for good reason, I agree with most of em but a couple of things
I reckon Balta was a bit of a red herring on the weekend I’m pretty confident it won’t be the same mix for Rucks, speaking of Balta it does highlight one of Brando’s strengths and that is all his teammates know generally what Brando will do and it makes it easier to play with him and thats important if the system is gonna hold up. Balta probably didn’t have alot to be mindful of during the game other than staying out’ve the way up forward and being aggressive at the ball Rucking.
Another thing, I don’t reckon McCluggage would be allowed to play the way he does in our team it’s pretty obvious he’s more attacking than defensive but if you look at how many goals he’s gone for and missed and put that against the stat of goals asst, which is the same as Brando’s by the way, there’s alittle bit of Rockstar about McCluggage.
It’s a good mix him and Robertson, but Robertson’s best isn’t when he’s got the ball and Caddy can get through traffic better.
Whichever way we go with personnel our system can handle em I reckon.

Confusion happens when people insist other posters use facts, then disregards the facts presented, then makes wide ranging assumptions themselves and expects their word to be taken as fact.
and you my friend have missed the point now for the third time. I’m still waiting for you to quote me in context to the first post by TT. I know you’re not capable as my point was correct, so move on and stop blaming other’s for your misunderstandings.
So you’re now suggesting that Balme had nothing with the price put on Blando’s new contract? 😂

Last edited:
Spot on.

I went to the game, watched the replay twice. Ellis was ok. Nothing too special but ok. Just like 9 or 10 other guys maybe, which is norm numbers most weeks. Big deal.

Prestia's disposal is s**thouse. Terrible. Love the Meatball but nobody can say his disposal is all that great. If Ellis was tracking the same numbers as Prestia (e.g. 68% DE...missing everything in front of goal at 5.14) then there'd be even bigger, inequitable melts on this thread than there already is - if that's possible.
Meatball missed one howler....: the rest of his kicking was spot on and they weren’t little chip kicks. Don’t even bother comparing them

Meatball missed one howler....: the rest of his kicking was spot on and they weren’t little chip kicks. Don’t even bother comparing them

BS. Totally wrong. He missed several kicks and handballs. He had 6 turnovers ffs ! What game were you watching ????

If you're gonna bag Ellis out, then at least show some consistency and apply the same criticisms to others instead of using Ellis as the same, boring whipping boy all the time.

and you my friend have missed the point now for the third time. I’m still waiting for you to quote me in context to the first post by TT. I know you’re not capable as my point was correct, so move on and stop blaming other’s for your misunderstandings.
So you’re now suggesting that Balme had nothing with the price put on Blando’s new contract? 😂
Simple question is your statement a fact or an assumption?

Spot on.

He has cleaned up his disposal out of sight since the bye. I once thought the same but he has turned it around big time. Case in point that worm burner onto Jack's manboob.

Will be a 300+ game player not a huge amount of players who are 26 years old have over 170 games to there names

Would prefer him to stay but wouldn’t begrudge him if he did cash out

Sorry but your missing my point mate. People want to defend blando and say he plays his role well....... he doesn’t in my opinion. Young 21 yr old in McCluggage plays the same wing role and was miles ahead of him. I said the week leading into this game we will find out how far Brando has come......... I was proved correct again.
McCluggage is a good player of course he is going to play well...

lol worming your way around bc you misunderstood my response to TT., then Jumped on KT response for some breathing room and ended up under a bus. Keep trying as you will get there eventually.
You're the one demanding facts, but can't produce them when pressed.

So given your claim that Balme has half driven Ellis out, what was the offer given to him? How much money? How many years?

You're the one demanding facts, but can't produce them when pressed.

So given your claim that Balme has half driven Ellis out, what was the offer given to him? How much money? How many years?
Again you’ve missed my point so keep trying.
Hint : The better question would be why hasn’t he signed yet considering a contract was offered?
Didn’t you make a sweeping statement two weeks ago he was offered less ?🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Back