Retired # 5: Brent Stanton - Essendon VFL Head Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

May be in the minority but I for one am looking forward to seeing Stants be a key link up player for the Bombers in 2017.

Will once again be good for a 25+ possession a game average and his run and carry will be a crucial compliment for the guys returning and the kids exposed in 2016.

Should be a lock for round 1 but hoping we can have some pressure on his position out on the wings by seasons end.

May be in the minority but I for one am looking forward to seeing Stants be a key link up player for the Bombers in 2017.

Will once again be good for a 25+ possession a game average and his run and carry will be a crucial compliment for the guys returning and the kids exposed in 2016.

Should be a lock for round 1 but hoping we can have some pressure on his position out on the wings by seasons end.

A severely underrated player.

Based on his 2015 form would be a walk-up start at 18 clubs.

How long since the last Stanton BF Battle Royale?

I'll bite - all due respect to a great servant but I don't think he'll be best 22 by the end of the year.

I've got more interest in the outcome of the Mornington peninsula council elections than what Stanton will cough up next year.

Next flag over nostalgia please

Cannot underestimate Stanton's tank. Players who can run all day through the midfield with minimal interchanges are worth their weight in gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he'll be best 22 by the end of the year.

That would be fantastic if true.

Not because I don't like him, but it means someone has moved past and become a better option than Stanton. Hell, in that regard I'd be thrilled if ouryoung guys push past a lot of our older players because it means we are getting stronger if the consistent, hard workers are not our best option.

That would be fantastic if true.

Not because I don't like him, but it means someone has moved past and become a better option than Stanton. Hell, in that regard I'd be thrilled if ouryoung guys push past a lot of our older players because it means we are getting stronger if the consistent, hard workers are not our best option.

Would love to see this, or any senior player for that matter be over taken by a 21 year old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back