Roast 50/50

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, that's it, 50% of our scoring shots this year have been goals, and 50% have been points.

Only the Adelaide Crows have a worst accuracy record then us, percentage wise anyway.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_team_rankings?year=2010&type=TT&sby=4

Collingwood 2010;

GOALS = 322
BEHINDS = 322

This is still my biggest concern, can we win the flag (3 finals) kicking as inaccurate as we do?

Hmm.:confused:

i'm still not overly concerned, as i posted on the hun website, we've got cloke, saints have got riewoldt, and cats have moondog.

i'd take riewoldt of the 3 kicking for goal, but i'd still be nervous.

i'm not in the least worried about daisy or beamsy come grand final day, they both strike me as the type of bloke to be up for it. and for every Cloke and wellingham, there's a Few blokes, safe as houses who don't get a mention.
Didak 35.17
Jolly 19.8
Leeeeeeerrroooyyy 18.8 (where's that come from? he's delicious)
and Dawesy 25.13

as i posted on the hun website, without counting any chickens, if we happen to rattle the scoreboard against the handbaggers 37 times again come Grand Final day, then we'll win it by a street, and i'll be in the street with very few clothes on just generally wreaking havoc.
brisbane holds the home and away season record for behinds scored since it's been tallied, 01, they won the flag.
west coast goal to behind ratio was much worse than ours in 1994, they won the flag.
good things come in 3's.
humble optimism should be rife in our camp.

edit: boots is a slight concern though, he's becoming an out and out gun for us but his set shots have been terrible. I actually think he's got great skills, so someone has to knuckle down with him before it becomes a career problem.

it just seems like he's a bit too casual. if he gets a routine down and knocks this on the head however, he could be that elusive 30 goal midfielder.

bucks sort him out.

50%? That's a Toast, not roast!!
4.17 v stk rd 3
9.22 v melb rd 12
13.18 v syd rd 13
14.23 v geel rd 19
6.18 v adel rd 21
just a few examples of our hideous inacuracy.
Just under 32% accuracy for these 5 games means we had to have some pretty straight shooting games to get it back to 50%. Great work boys! ;)

50%? That's a Toast, not roast!!
4.17 v stk rd 3
9.22 v melb rd 12
13.18 v syd rd 13
14.23 v geel rd 19
6.18 v adel rd 21
just a few examples of our hideous inacuracy.
Just under 32% accuracy for these 5 games means we had to have some pretty straight shooting games to get it back to 50%. Great work boys! ;)

Was thinking the same thing.

50% is fine with the number of shots we take. 50% in EVERY game and we'd be undefeated right now.

You can't read much into the raw numbers. Is there any way to get the info on how many goals/behinds kicked from set shots this year? I think that would be far more damning. In any case it's interesting how we've had so many more scoring shots than any other side.

At 70% based on our current score of 644 (goals and points), we would be 452 goals and 192 points.. I think.
If we were kicking like that we would be undefeated.....true story.
Last team to win a flag with a 50% strike rate was coached by Mick Malthouse.

Read that as you will.
woow. we should have an omens thread in the nest. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bingo. Take those into account and the breakdown's more like 46% 46% 8%
Hence the "roast".

I don't think an AFL team should be kicking at below 50% for shots on goal, yet we are.

As showed from the stats, only Adelaide have a worse accuracy percentage then that, yet somehow we are still on top of the ladder.

But we have to live with what we are, and we are a bad kicking team.

I would take 50/50 in the finals, we would win the flag IMO if we kicked 50/50, but the problem is, the odds say that if we kick accurately one game, the next game we will kick below 50%, which could cost us a final or the GF.

We are who we are though, the only question is will it matter in September?

We will all know in 5 or so weeks.:eek:

I would like to see total scoring shots and include as a cross reference.

I also wonder how many posters and how may walk throughs or punched through points compared to actual missed goals.

50-50 will be even better then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back