Media 500ney

Remove this Banner Ad

COONEY.png

I don't mean to be crass, but Sweet's most admired poster cooney plays game #500 this very weekend. šŸ„³

Here are some things you should know about cooney.
  • cooney debuted all the way back in Season 10, and has now played the 13th most games in the history of the competition.
  • cooney has won All-Sweet FA selection twice - in Seasons 10 and 12. cooney has played in a variety of positions, dominating from ruck, to full-forward, to the midfield. cooney is currently getting the job done at centre half-forward.
  • cooney is remarkably consistent, having played in at least 13 games in every season to date since debuting. I'd also contend that cooney is the most consistent match-thread poster in the history of the league.
  • cooney was briefly the captain of the Mount Buller Demons, but has been a leader for a long-time, setting the tone with an ever-enduring presence.
  • cooney won the Mobbs Medal in Season 13, and has played in three premierships with the Mount Buller Demons (Seasons, 18, 26, 31).
  • In Season 19, Round 10, cooney kicked nine goals in a match against the Swamprats. cooney's career-high disposal count is also against the Swamprats (38 disposals - Season 20, Round 9).
  • Players like Headless (473), cats2rise (362), Van_Dyke (312), and sante (268) have played the most games with cooney.
  • cooney's beloved catchphrase, "wooooo!", is universally considered Sweet's most iconic line. Players from all over Sweet adopt the phrase to denote excitement and love. cooney truly has always been a trend-setter.

cooney, it has been an absolute pleasure playing alongside you for the last decade and a half. I'm sure the league will join the Demons in this thread to congratulate you on a mammoth milestone! šŸŽ‰

Many thanks to Sweet FA+.

Love ya cooney

Sometimes you open a thread and a sense of euphoria encompasses your existence.

This is one of those threads.

Congrats corndog!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An absolute champion of Mt Buller and a wonderfully loyal team mate.

It's been an absolute pleasure playing every one of my games with you, cooney, as a constant presence.

All the very best, mate and here's to 500 more (at least!).

Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back