Newest Posts

Player Watch #6: Caleb Windsor – Round 8 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some similarities with Windsor for sure. Both guys look completely out of control running at full pace yet are in fully control if that makes sense. They think thru things while going for a run. Unlike your Jayden Hunt's when they go for a gallop, the blood rushes to his head and you just know hes going to * it all up.

He also understands how to dish off and stay in the play, not many of our guys do that.

He also understands how to dish off and stay in the play, not many of our guys do that.
Great pick for us. He has a skill set that we don’t have elsewhere. I’m enjoying watching him so far

Yep, he thinks moves ahead, after I do this im going to do this, be it run to receive the 1,2 or lay a shepherd, very smart player. Saw it in his under 18 game tape and glad to see it transfer to a much faster game.

Darting around opponent and attack on the ball are similarities I can see.
Flowers skills were a little rough by his own standards early career; but was still dual sided.

With Windsor now early on, in what seems likely a strong career. These highlights are there for him to watch over next preseason, to inspire, and to challenge him.

Last edited:
Yep, he thinks moves ahead, after I do this im going to do this, be it run to receive the 1,2 or lay a shepherd, very smart player. Saw it in his under 18 game tape and glad to see it transfer to a much faster game.
Footy intelligence. Flower

Instinct is already in there. He (Windsor) knows what to do around traffic. This a great start to nearing, a 'Flower like' level.

If I had to suggest one area to first work on over summer... notice flowers instinctive movement of his feet.
Pure genius on his legs; able to move feet into different positions instantly, well before defenders knew what he was about to do.
This enabled Flower to dance around, and between opponents, or to change direction, or change foot for kicking.

Work on the foot work pre-season.

... as well as disposing of the ball by either side, hand or foot.

"The footwork", is the superior balance.

he say's "yeah nah" a lot less now.

Improving on and off the field now!
He will be saying “the journey” and “getting it looking like a Melbourne game” soon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he say's "yeah nah" a lot less now.

Improving on and off the field now!
noticed that also, he did say Choco has been working with him about how to talk to media.

So long as its not Goody im fine with it.
Actually maybe it’s not such a bad idea. Choco is mad as a meat axe when he’s not silly as a snake, but he is pretty straight down the line speaker that doesn’t parrot word of the month or use heaps of para-language

It would be hard for them to pick someone else than Reid but the reality is that his performances aren’t miles ahead of the pack yet.

If he has time off for injury or gets managed in the second half of the year (more likely in a poor side) then it will open the door a bit further.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back