Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

We
IMO if we could secure Dougal Howard with the Fantasia deal we can swing Hooker forward to FF for a few years. Jenkins is probably a better forward but Hooker isn't the defender he was anymore.
We should be into Aidan Bonar big time. SPP, no thanks he’s got a screw loose

My wife, a Carlton fan, just saw on tv and asked me if I’m ok. I told her ‘thanks and yes I’m sure in time I’ll be just fine.’ She then reminded me that’s its just a game, to which I responded ‘well it’d be like if you lost Patrick Cripps.’ She just looked at me blankly. Then I remembered she hasn’t watched them play since Fevola left. So I rephrased. ‘Remember when Fevola left ?’
She said ‘Yeah.’
I said ‘Well it’s like that.’
She asked ‘Danihers got a gambling addiction?’
‘?!?!.....maybe?!?.’
:cool:

While the post you quoted is pretty funny, it looks like we will keep him if we only get 1 first rounder

We traded Tom Mitchell for pick 14 + a swap of 4th rounders.

On what planet do you think we would even conceivably offer more than pick 5 for a player of lesser value and higher risk?

My guess - picks 5 and 40 for Joe and your 2nd rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We traded Tom Mitchell for pick 14 + a swap of 4th rounders.

On what planet do you think we would even conceivably offer more than pick 5 for a player of lesser value and higher risk?

My guess - picks 5 and 40 for Joe and your 2nd rounder.
Yeah you traded Tom Mitchell when he was your 4th best mid, out of contract and Hawthorn had nothing else to give. You’re looking to trade in one of the best key forwards in the game, previous AA/B&F who is under contract. It’ll be more than what you’ve suggested or he’s in red and black next year.

I still think we can have another solid crack (even top 4). We should get some good picks for Joe and good emerging players coming through and the likes of Saad and Tippa etc. progressing. But yes, we need a key forward.
I love your optimism but think it's pie in the sky. Our ruck stocks are a disaster, midfield is full of slow outside players who can't hit targets, backline has aging key position players, and forward line with poor tall targets and inconsistent smalls. At best we scrape into the 8, at worst we are bottom 6

Really? Obviously you’re comfortable with someone that sexually harasses another. I’m not.
I wouldn’t condone it. SPP apologised to the girl (as he understood she would have felt uncomfortable) and the AFL found no evidence of sexual assault. I’m not defending sexual assault or treating women without respect just giving facts.

SPP is only 21 and believe he has learned his lesson ala Hurley after he assaulted a cabbie.

5 and their 2020 1st and we give our pick 31.

I understand the decision but still gutted.

Very a la Plugger.

He was being hounded by the media relentlessly and even in Ballarat the poor bloke couldn't get any peace and quiet and best thing he ever did was go to the Swans to get him and his family (especially his daughters) away from the spotlight.

Saints fans were hurting then and it hurts for us now but best wishes Joey Jo Jo!

If the rumours are true that he is being offered a million or so a year for 4 years then the Swans better cough up a decent couple of picks.

You can't be very concerned about the injury history if you're throwing that kind of money around, and it's pretty piss poor to be offering a player one of the most lucrative deals in the AFL while offering the club stuff all.

5 and their 2020 1st and we give our pick 31.

I understand the decision but still gutted.

Very a la Plugger.

He was being hounded by the media relentlessly and even in Ballarat the poor bloke couldn't get any peace and quiet and best thing he ever did was go to the Swans to get him and his family (especially his daughters) away from the spotlight.

Saints fans were hurting then and it hurts for us now but best wishes Joey Jo Jo!
Oh God Lockett leaving them nearly got them a flag. They had to look away in '96 when sydney nearly did it But The Saints sucked it up and bloody hell they came so close in the next few years by "losing Lockett"

I doubt this media release wouldve happened without at least a 'deal in principle' being in place. Especially since it seems to be mental issues behind the move.
I think we will get 5 and 9, just a question of what goes back.
Joe will rip it up at the swans. A steal for them. Good luck to him

The worst bit about all of this is he is one of the only truly joyous things we’ve had as a football club in a very long time. He’s entertaining in so many ways and seems a properly decent human as well. It’s gutting because we’ve been made miserable by so much about our club for so long and this was one of the last nice things we had.

I doubt this media release wouldve happened without at least a 'deal in principle' being in place. Especially since it seems to be mental issues behind the move.
I think we will get 5 and 9, just a question of what goes back.
Joe will rip it up at the swans. A steal for them. Good luck to him

Nah, a media statement like that is par for the course and fair enough. The club would be fielding countless media enquires on it, so nothing wrong with a short statement acknowledging it and saying there’ll be no further comment.

The worst bit about all of this is he is one of the only truly joyous things we’ve had as a football club in a very long time. He’s entertaining in so many ways and seems a properly decent human as well. It’s gutting because we’ve been made miserable by so much about our club for so long and this was one of the last nice things we had.
OMG please!
Walla, stringer, mckenna off half back, hooker going forward late and kicking goals, Francis, Saad running through the middle etc. - all bloody joyous
EFC is one of the most entertaining sides going around. Improvement is needed elsewhere, not in the entertaining/joyous area

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back