Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should never have had surgery. Useless and dangerous. His body was fine. When you realise pain is healing then most of what we think of as injuries should be dealt with by relaxation rather than further stress - let alone further physical trauma of surgery.

No word from Sydney or Danihers manager, Daniher has only said he wants to remain a Bomber. Just media speculation at the moment & making things up for clickbait.

Could just be taking a break from the club to help his rehab & mindset. It is also highly possible he is considering his future in the game.

Highly unlikely Syd will offer much, he has hardly been on the park.

If I was the club I would play hardball with any negotiation if he is to continue. Would hold him to his contract unless a first round is put up. If they offer up crap, do not deal. If he still wants to go, he can sit out the year.

The more I think about it, the more I think he’s considering retirement, due to how bad the repercussions of his recent surgery can be.

Sydney’s football department are extremely well ran, why wouldn’t they have Joe play out next year, see if his body comes good & then get him for nothing? They’re definitely not in the premiership window, so they can afford to wait.

I realise I could be completely off on this but the whole situation seems a little strange.
I agree it’s a possibility he could be considering retirement but don’t agree on Sydney waiting. They’ve still got Buddy on their books which will be seen as a failure unless he gets a flag with them. Getting Joe could be one last Hail Mary to try save face. They have some quality mids and a solid backline, you only have to look at recent turnarounds of Richmond and Collingwood to see how teams can turn it around with a few added pieces and some luck on the injury front, rest assured while Buddy is there they will see the window as being open.

No word from Sydney or Danihers manager, Daniher has only said he wants to remain a Bomber. Just media speculation at the moment & making things up for clickbait.

Could just be taking a break from the club to help his rehab & mindset. It is also highly possible he is considering his future in the game.

Highly unlikely Syd will offer much, he has hardly been on the park.

If I was the club I would play hardball with any negotiation if he is to continue. Would hold him to his contract unless a first round is put up. If they offer up crap, do not deal. If he still wants to go, he can sit out the year.

It's cat and mouse. Essendon aren't going to come out and say they categorically will trade him, like stringer and Bulldogs situation you lose face/trade value...

If the right offer comes across Essendons desk they'll trade him, but expect another Dylan Shiel last minute situation except we have the power In this one.

Joe is better off to be away so he can't be analysed or scrutinised for everything he says.

Has he started running yet? IIRC his surgery was late May, so almost 4 months ago. He was expected to be running after 3 months. If he is running then it's a positive sign that he's on course for a full recovery.

What.

Pain is not healing.
Doctors typically take 2000 years or so to admit their mistakes. We suffer under the delusion that inflammation (pain) is bad and must be defeated at all costs. Poor Joe will either need to wait a few millennia or do the scariest thing anybody can do - disagree with doctors.

Doctors typically take 2000 years or so to admit their mistakes. We suffer under the delusion that inflammation (pain) is bad and must be defeated at all costs. Poor Joe will either need to wait a few millennia or do the scariest thing anybody can do - disagree with doctors.

I will go with the research on this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yikes

I will go with the research on this one.
No you'll go with opinions, feelings and vested interests but if you admitted that you'd look pretty stupid. So you just pretend there's this conscious being called "research" and it just so happens to say exactly what you want it to say.

Didn't we try the "no intervention lots of rest" strategy for over a year? And then it got worse? :drunk:
??? He started playing again pain free. All the scans and whatnot said everything was fine.

From the perspective of the doctors, the rest fixed him completely.

??? He started playing again pain free. All the scans and whatnot said everything was fine.

From the perspective of the doctors, the rest fixed him completely.
If we have to rest him for a year to get 4 games out of him before recurrence then the underlying problem is probably not really fixed.

If we have to rest him for a year to get 4 games out of him before recurrence then the underlying problem is probably not really fixed.
You seem to think that I said rest was the correct approach. I never suggested such a thing.

He should run when he's pain free and rest when in pain. And that could be changing from day to day or even hour by hour.

I hear ya! No one gets injured... ACL? Pfft strength in mind will overcome that, Nathan Browns snapped leg? Throw some tape over it.
That's funny.

The precious "research" shows there's no difference between surgery and no surgery for ACLs.

And the fact you have to deliberately misrepresent me by claiming I said nobody gets injured shows how poor your argument is.

You seem to think that I said rest was the correct approach. I never suggested such a thing.

He should run when he's pain free and rest when in pain. And that could be changing from day to day or even hour by hour.
So...

Play when he is uninjured.

Don't play when he is injured.

Revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back