Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you notice the angle the ball came in from on that goal?

theres no way they could have touched it, it crossed the goal line at its highest point....

nearly dropped vertical over the line

View attachment 662332

most guys from that range hit a lower flatter kick looking for raking distance, easier to touch thru

Kicked it over the dumb s**t Cox as well.

Surely old mate better served on the line???

What? You mean the guy with the footy brain of a shoe didn’t run to the right position?

It almost looks as if he hasn’t been injured at all in the last 12 months. Incredible.

Both he and Joe have slotted in incredibly well off long layoffs. Which hasn't been their strong suit previously.

I was one that wanted to not rush him and put him through VFL to build confidence as much as anything but he looks really mature out there

Despite his mistakes, it was bloody exciting to see Daniher doing the things that made him great in his last full season. The long bombs and the high marking and some of the freakish juking from a 200cm player. He's still got it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't say "tore the competition apart". Lance Franklin tore the competition apart in 2008. Joe Daniher was an all australian forward pocket in 2017.
I respect your opinion, I think we define tearing the comp a new one differently. You're not wrong, Franklin did in 08.

For me, a modern day footballer at the age of 23 (in 2017) to get AA, MOTY, a top 5 finish in the Coleman, jump his height of 200cm and boot goals from 70m off a step falls under that category.

I also concede I might be biased cause he's a Bomber, but I won't apologize for that 😉

Fantastic to see him return and contributing, given last year we couldn't hope for much more. Just hope his injury issues are behind him. It cant understated the impact he has on the team environment. Footy can be too serious, Joe brings intensity along with enjoying the game at the same time, this leadership cant be understated as it if followed allows others to reduce the pressure and just play their game, that is where one of his true values lie. He is absolutely part of the core of this club in terms of footy and outside and its great to see him back and happy.

Any chance for GOTY? In terms of stage and theatre it was impressive. It is also a bit different than the usual...someone gets a hard ball...borks one..borks two...takes a bounce..does a somersault..and finishes by throwing it in the air running around the post, and kicking a left foot inside out torpedo goal.
3451667D-41DF-47B7-8D26-3D98850A75A8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back