6 Nations

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Firstly, does anybody know what channel has the rights to it in Australia? I'm trying to find where I can watch it but am not having any success.

Then what are people's thoughts on which way the comp will go? Very keen to see a few things:

- Wales continue on their upward surge
- France go on from the RWC final and play that sort of rugby from here til eternity (though of course I won't hold my breath)
- and England forever wallow in misery

ESPN has it till 2013 thank god!

The French Lineup is very strong and experienced with only two new players. Hopefully Wesley Fofana gets to start at center as he is a real talent. The new coach has also brought back Yannick Nyanga and Julien Malzieu which imo should have been in the rwc squad.

I really hope the coach continues to play Francois Trinh-Duc over Lionel Beauxis who imo has no creativity and just kicks drop goals.

Morgan Para to start at number 9.

The other teams......:rolleyes:

Will be interesting to see how Scotland goes as they have named six uncapped players. You can also add the whole Steven Shingler thing.

England are always strong.

Hopefully Italy can keep improving not against the french though lol

Oh thank **** for ESPN. Great news.

There seem to be quite a few national loyalty queries this year for the Euro clubs. Some talented players that have rights to play in more than one national team.

I'd be picking France or Wales to win it. Ireland are just getting too old and England will be throwing out most of their experienced heads in favour of youth with a new coach. England's best with their best side out is capable of being a great side that can match it with Australia and NZ (see Wallabies' 2010 spring tour) but they seem to have taken a massive step backwards after the RWC.

France I'm still nowhere near convinced can keep up that form over a long period of time. Their best is certainly world-beating, but they just never seem to be able to string it along consistently. But maybe this coaching change (after Lievremont seemed to well and truly lose his players' respect) is what will turn it around for them.

Wales are my tip.

France for me has a really good draw.

Be interesting to see the lineup for the first game!

P.s one of the locks got injured so nallet has been added to the squad

This is Wales' tournament to win. Personally if I were them, I'd still be gutted about the travesty of that semi-final against France, and would want to take that anger out on anyone and everyone.

Italy-England sales break 50 000-mark

With a month to go before Italy's first home Six Nations game of the season, sales for the match against England at the Stadio Olimpico have already topped 50 000.

Italian Rugby Federation president Giancarlo Dondi announced the figure – 52 000 – during a press conference on Thursday, adding that only 6 500 of those have been bought by away fans.

It is already close to double the number of spectators Italy used to get at the cosy Stadio Fliminio just a short walk away.

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/six-nations/news/120112/ItalyEngland_sales_break_50nbsp000mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't help the quality of the games, it's still freezing and wet most nights in February. Plus, prime time tends to start a little earlier in the UK than most other places so 4 or 5pm kick offs are a good compromise. Most EPL games are held in the day.

I think it'll come down to France or Wales as well.

Trying to mitigate against blistering cold would be my guess. Probably doesn't take too much sense but Europe as a whole generally seem to play sport during the day. Rugby, soccer seem to be played at day more than at night which I like to be honest.

Really looking forward to this comp. Just wanna see some rugby again.

This is definitely Wales' tournament to lose.

CYRMU AM BYTH!

(did i mention I was born in Wales?)

France 30 - Italy 12

England 13 - Scotland 6

Pretty expected results. France easily beat Italy and England battle past Scotland in a match that was decided by a late try to Charlie Hodgson after many penalty goals.

France looked really good. Saw most of the match and they looked like a much better side than what we saw for most of the RWC. Looked much more like the GF side. Picamoles, Malzieu, Medard, Fofana, Dusautoir all played really well.

I watched the England vs Scotland game. The first half was terrible, and the second half was completely dominated by Scotland. They bombed a couple of tries (one in particular where they had a simple 2 on 1 to score)...and actually they had 1 controversially not given by the TMO that I personally think was a try. England's try was a lucky charge down and that was the difference in the end.

England should have lost. Based on that evidence I think they'll struggle against Italy next week. They'll probably fall over the line again, but I'd give Italy a fighting chance of another major upset (after beating France last year).

Looking forward to the Wales vs Ireland game.

been fliucking between ireland/wales, the darts and manu/chelsea.

wales win with a penalty in the last minute.

it was probably the right call, but it was a pretty tough way to lose. it will certainly be the big talking point from the first weekend of games.... the irish crowd even booed when the kick was being taken.

was a really good game.

Yeah great game. I think Wales probably did deserve to win, but pretty harsh penalty at the end. By the letter of the law it's probably correct, but it was really pretty soft and the Welsh player was never put in any danger.

George North is a gun, looks so dangerous every time he has the ball. The Lions are going to have a very good team next year...I'd be surprised if we beat them. Should also be a good 3 match series in June against Wales this year.

i think that law needs to be addressed. it's too strict.

obviously you've gotta protect the players, but going exactl horizontal is not really dangerous. i don't think the law was put in place to penalise tackles like that...

the espn coverage didn't even show a replay of it after the game (unless i missed it) so going a bit of memory, but it looked like he went slightly past horizontal. certainly not at an angle were his head and neck was going to be driven into the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back