AFL Player # 8: Ben "Goblin" Hobbs

Remove this Banner Ad

Named in the VFL match sim this weekend New

Hobbsy was BOG and played 4 quarters up forward and as a mid. Kicked a goal set up a few. Replaces Menzies, the Guelf or Perkins

Drapes only played 3 quarters (2 in the ruck). Not 100%. Caddy played a load managed first half as a rotating wing forward.

If DP3 doesn't play Hobbsy gets in the 22 and might have to play Shiel raw (no practice matches) if he's 100%

Not in the 18, the 22, or the emergencies. Fair to say my keeper side is in disarray.

Surprised with no Parish he's not getting a go.
Brad Scotts been pretty clear about not rushing players back, needs more match fitness while recovering from injury. Most other guys have done effectively 4 matches already whereas he's at 1

So Heppell just had 0 disposals 2 weeks ago right?

Whereas Hobbs was near on BOG last week with 2 goals. If any other player did that in the 2's they'd be getting a game particularly in the absence of a player through injury.
Heppell played all the other match sims though, no?

Heppell played all the other match sims though, no?
this is gonna sound brutal, but if Heppell breaks down no one is gonna lose their s**t
rush Hobbs back and he aggravates the injury, pitchforks are out.

I'd rather Hobbs out there, but i also want to see him string 20 games in this year too.
Yet to break 10 in a season

Hobbs is most definitely in Essendons best 22 players, but at the moment he will need to go past Caldwell or setterfield to make the side. Is only an inside mid at the moment, at least tsatas, Perkins, Durham can play through the flanks and wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hobbs is most definitely in Essendons best 22 players, but at the moment he will need to go past Caldwell or setterfield to make the side. Is only an inside mid at the moment, at least tsatas, Perkins, Durham can play through the flanks and wings.
Probably the one that makes way for parish

Needs to play multiple games like Perkins and Caldwell but whilst we persist with older statesmen like Kelly, Hind and Hepp he won't get a go.

Mind you is a great player in AFL2K23. He and Caldwell are my HFF.
Problem with this statement is you named three blokes who do not play the same position. He is an inside midfielder with some forward ability. Kelly / Heppell / Hind are not keeping him out of the side. Perkins / Setterfield / Caldwell / Durham are keeping him out of the side. Are you saying we should be playing Hobbs in defense ?

Problem with this statement is you named three blokes who do not play the same position. He is an inside midfielder with some forward ability. Kelly / Heppell / Hind are not keeping him out of the side. Perkins / Setterfield / Caldwell / Durham are keeping him out of the side. Are you saying we should be playing Hobbs in defense ?
Of Perkins / Setterfield / Caldwell / Durham, I'd only pick Caldwell as the player likely to miss out from Hobbs.
Which kinda sucks as Caldwell has been playing alright.

I am a fan but two things he needs to get out of his game:
  • he continually thinks he has way more time than he actually does at stoppages. Feel like he gets done holding the ball a lot
  • kicking no reason bananas/checksides when passing around the ground or getting the clearance. No penetration in the kick, and makes it genuinely tough for your teammates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back