Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [Herald Sun] LDU has parked contract talks with the club & is expected to command offers of more than $1m a season

Remove this Banner Ad

God this campaigner is a horrible kick of the footy.
Has the moves out of the stoppage, but just turns it over far too often. Gave me the s***s tonight

At the end of this year, peanut!

We have been given priority picks for the end of this year already, peanut.

They have already been used, peanut.

Traded so we could pick up Hardeman, Will Dawson and Goad, peanut

We're not getting any more, peanut..

I think it's a completely wrong the people claim LDU doesn't give a s**t and will cherry pick a few moments in the game to justify it. He's been working through a lot of physical attention at stoppages and is certainly not playing the best football of his career.

He's had some really poor moments at times that people have come for him with the knives out. Despite all that he still leads the club in pressure acts per game and defensive half pressure acts per game, doesn't really align with the narrative he doesn't give a s**t.

We can't afford to lose LDU, we need quality senior players in the 26+ bracket as that's clearly been one our biggest issues in why we have found ourselves in this situation in the first place.
Yeah some people on here are pretty ruthless and do a lot of mind changing pretty quickly. It was not that long ago 2-3 seasons there where 3 or 4 posters questioning LDU and some aspects of his game and they where delt very harshly by the same posters on here absolutely giving it to him now. By the way I'm definitely in the camp of to keep him at nearly any cost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a completely wrong the people claim LDU doesn't give a s**t and will cherry pick a few moments in the game to justify it. He's been working through a lot of physical attention at stoppages and is certainly not playing the best football of his career.

He's had some really poor moments at times that people have come for him with the knives out. Despite all that he still leads the club in pressure acts per game and defensive half pressure acts per game, doesn't really align with the narrative he doesn't give a s**t.

We can't afford to lose LDU, we need quality senior players in the 26+ bracket as that's clearly been one our biggest issues in why we have found ourselves in this situation in the first place.
This for me too. I don't know how you conclude he's "checked out" from watching him last night. Went again and again in awful conditions, made some bad skill errors and poor decisions but jeez he kept fronting up.

We have been given priority picks for the end of this year already, peanut.

They have already been used, peanut.

Traded so we could pick up Hardeman, Will Dawson and Goad, peanut

We're not getting any more, peanut..
Mr Peanut GIF by Party Legends

I dont believe LDU has checked out. He’s not as inside as we like him to be and he’s not as outside as we’d like him to be.

Ive always believed he’s been an average kick when he is sprinting, last night (conditions ignored) he was putrid by foot.

Im not buying this “he doesn’t give a s**t” topic. The end of the first Q you can see his frustration when Xerri runs up and gives him support.

They’re not executing what they should be doing.

Where did the bloke that was bullying midfields go?

Looks as though he needs a fresh start.

He’ll win flags and brownlows somewhere else and we’ll get laughed at again.

It’s the NMFC way

I don’t see him reaching those sorts of heights mate. He isn’t consistent enough, he isn’t damaging enough with his disposal and he doesn’t impact the scoreboard.

Players like Neale, Dangerfield, Cripps ect put the team on their back and win games off their own boot. When Carlton were s**t, Cripps single handedly won them games and kept them competitive. I just done think LDU quite has that level in him.

Maybe he’d really shine if he had better players around him, but the absolute best of the best don’t need elite support players.

I don’t see him reaching those sorts of heights mate. He isn’t consistent enough, he isn’t damaging enough with his disposal and he doesn’t impact the scoreboard.

Players like Neale, Dangerfield, Cripps ect put the team on their back and win games off their own boot. When Carlton were s**t, Cripps single handedly won them games and kept them competitive. I just done think LDU quite has that level in him.

Maybe he’d really shine if he had better players around him, but the absolute best of the best don’t need elite support players.
He polled 11 votes last year in a team that won three games. Cunnington was a big loss for him IMO.

Put him in a proper midfield with a quality system, and the bloke will dominate.

Our current set up is a shitshow.

Last edited:
He polled 11 votes last year in a team that won three games. Cunnington was a big loss for him IMO.

Put him in a proper midfield with a quality system, and the bloke will dominate.

Our current set up is a shitshow.
Guaranteed if you'd asked him 24 months ago which North players are the most key to his performance he replies Goldy, Cunners and TT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back