Senior 9. Patrick Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

Cautiously optimistic about this one. 6 years demonstrates the commitment he has to the joint and like it or not, he's our talisman for the next phase of the footy club. Any potential coaches we're pursuing have one less variable to consider now. He and Harry and locked in, along with a huge part of the rest of the list/cap. This is the cattle we have.

My concern is that he's not playing like a bloke in a contract year and the obvious physical ailments or limitations he has had for a while. If he can regain his ability to bend over and pick up the footy, I trust he'll get back to his best. I don't want to think about scenarios where he can't at the moment.

Amazing that people can pick holes and find negatives in our captain signing on for six years
never change bf

Last week was the first time in forever he didn’t have his knees, shoulders strapped, so he’s moving ok again.

Expecting a big 2 months of good footy from him.👍👍

Amazing that people can pick holes and find negatives in our captain signing on for six years
never change bf
This may be our last significant win of any sort for some time, yet still they bleat.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

130 pages of posts says a lot about what this contract means to the true believers...........

This is a huge re-signing in context to where our club is at right now. It was never a 'done deal' from 2 years ago as some want to believe. He would never have re-signed if he didn't believe that any future success was attainable, this was always his position.

What this does show is that he has confidence in the future of the club and his teammates, this can only have a positive effect on the rest of the players.

This is an odd one, obviously good news.

But 6 years could be a noose around our neck for the last 2-3 years. Maybe it has triggers? Could also be on discounted $ due to term?

Genuinely chuffed he has re-signed.
Obviously there was a trade off of dollars per year on his contract versus longer contract (6 years) and I'm more than happy about that! He's getting job security for 6 years and we don't have to pay as much per year.
Win Win in my book!
Well done Crippa and Carlton.
Hopefully this can act as a turning point for our great club!
Happy Friday Blue Baggers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back