A Decibel meter....???

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't get it!

It was a channel 7 broadcast even if, like myself, you watched via foxtel!
I'm not arguing that....I just turned on the TV.....and the game was on..
Then I saw this "decibel" thing...
So, I asked a question

What's wrong with that....?

I'm not arguing that....I just turned on the TV.....and the game was on..
Then I saw this "decibel" thing...
So, I asked a question

What's wrong with that....?

You're blaming foxtel when it was a channel 7 initiative!

Ahh sir, if you'd just report back to the Collingwood thread that will be very much appreciated by all fellow members buckleycrying.jpg

I didn't have an issue with this - there's been a lot of talk about how loud Adelaide Oval is this season (turning up the siren etc) and so actually measuring it seems like an interesting thing to do. I figure it's just a once off.

They peaked at about 25 below the Seahawks record I think, but it probably wasn't the best game for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having attended a lot of away games interstate I have to admit I think we have taken the match day entertainment too far and it is almost becoming a distraction to the players.

Guys like Chad Wingard don't need smoke blown up their own arses seconds before the game by rolling out a highlights montage on the big screen with commentary included and as for the decibel meter; just cringeworthy and pathetically American.

Time to make it about the football again Port Adelaide.

Who copied the Minnesota Twins circa 1987 & 1991. The Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome in Minneapolis was the original Decibel Dome, and having been to a few games there it was well named.

Every North American sport does this and has for years. Nobody can really lay claim to this, it has been going on for a long time.

C7 should spend less money on dumb s**t and more on providing a high definition signal so the goal review umpire doesn't have to look at your shitty blurry standard definition replays trying to spot fingers being bent back.

Okay, I am going to bed, enough ranting. :p

I'm watching PA/Ess. and just before the start of the 4th qtr, Foxtet showed the results of a "decibel meter"....!

I think one of these would have been far more appropriate ....

bullshit_detector4.gif

Port Adelaide are embarrassing. The decibel metre and the song before the game.

They just got torn apart by Essendon and I'm glad because all that stuff is cringeworthy. The AFL needs to step in.

North put "let's make some noise" then an artificial crowd noise of the loud speaker. That along with the "here comes the boom" when Harvey kicks a goal is beyond cringeworthy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back