Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Jan 8, 2001
On the 'Group W' bench.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
This is a serious question and could have to be addressed by our club in the future.

Does the father/son rule only apply to your natural children? Does it also apply to adopted or step children?

I understand that Libba has an adopted son-his wive's from a previous marriage-so when that son is old enough is he eligible for the father/son rule?

I don't know the answer.

However, I would think it reasonable to say adopted yes, step no.

I wouldn't have a clue but I think that if you have a son blood or not and have raised them in your family then Yes it should

Step son should count - it does in the eyes of the law.

On a only slightly related matter i see in todays paper that young Whitten has been invited to train with the bulldogs - that is a good thing. Also that young McGhie is training with Richmond - oh well.

That explains why he cant play footy. I was watching my mates son who plays for Altona under 11s & Libba`s young bloke was playing i think for St.Marys or someone like that. He did`nt touch the ball.

I saw his(Libbas) youngest son a few year back kicking the ball around Whitten oval and he looked pretty good actually.

He looked about 5yo but was kicking it to himself.

Originally posted by Chops
I saw his(Libbas) youngest son a few year back kicking the ball around Whitten oval and he looked pretty good actually.

He looked about 5yo but was kicking it to himself.

Dont know how many kids Libba has but this kid is about 10 years old. On the day i saw him i can tell you he hardly got a touch the ball unfortunately. Believe me everyone kept their eyes on the kid and there was quite a few Bulldogs supporters "being in Altona" willing him to get the ball, including Libba who was on the sidelines. Might of been just an off day for the kid though hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back