General Admission MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Graeme Cook

Debutant
May 15, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Round 1 v Melbourne can you still turn up and get General Admission.
Any idea what gate no and do they take cash.

Any sensible answers

GA seating areas are published 24 hrs before the match on the MCG site

I’m not paying $60 or $70 for a reserved seat, it’s just a game of footy.

Round 1 v Melbourne can you still turn up and get General Admission.
Any idea what gate no and do they take cash.
Yea, you can buy walk up tickets or buy online. $27 for general admission usually. For a game like this it’ll be a lot of bays on level 4 and maybe a few near the cheersquad on level 1.

But if you come to Gate 5 I’ll be there, whisper code name Harmes 4 Brownlow at the 5 foot 3 bloke in a trench coat, I’ll see what deal I can do..

Maybe it's to avoid the transaction fees added to just about everything you buy these days.
^ This.

I'm no Facebook nufftie ''cash is king the banks zomg'' type - but - my partner works in financial planning, if you do the math on the fees/up-charges/surcharges over the course of a month, if your a daily card tapper, you'll very quickly see the huge amount of unnecessary fees your paying.

I've gone back to using cash at any place that accepts it, the savings are noticeable.

^ This.

I'm no Facebook nufftie ''cash is king the banks zomg'' type - but - my partner works in financial planning, if you do the math on the fees/up-charges/surcharges over the course of a month, if your a daily card tapper, you'll very quickly see the huge amount of unnecessary fees your paying.

I've gone back to using cash at any place that accepts it, the savings are noticeable.
Shops may start adding a surcharge for cash soon. There's an overhead in handling cash. Potentially greater than that of using EFTPOS etc.

We are eventually going to be an only card society in our daily spending.
The banks are screwing us blind over the transaction fees.
Off topic , however the government must protect us as the banks certainly won't.
All over the country banks are closing down.
Not only in very small rural populations but cities too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are eventually going to be an only card society in our daily spending.
The banks are screwing us blind over the transaction fees.
Off topic , however the government must protect us as the banks certainly won't.
All over the country banks are closing down.
Not only in very small rural populations but cities too.
Government won't protect us. They receive hefty party contributions from the banks. Just follow the money trail.
And the banking industry also has a very powerful lobby force in case anyone steps out of line.

None of them want their cosy gravy trains derailed.
No surprise the banking Royal Commission was a whitewash and they are right back doing what they did before.

If you want better banking service, bank outside the big 4 (or 5).
If you want better government, vote outside the big 3 (or 4).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back