Prediction Round 1 Hyped Up Dees V The Land of Giants Dogs 18/3/23 MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

All the posters who used to claim that Beveridge was biased against talls suddenly look like stupid campaigners don't they?

No not necessarily

Not sure the posters claimed that Bev was biased against talls.

No not necessarily

Not sure the posters claimed that Bev was biased against talls.

People have 100% claimed this in the past. They would reference some "small man syndrome" as a way to explain why guys like Campbell and Trengove wouldn't get games. Now they look stupid as hell. If you were one of them, you must feel stupid now.

People have 100% claimed this in the past. They would reference some "small man syndrome" as a way to explain why guys like Campbell and Trengove wouldn't get games. Now they look stupid as hell. If you were one of them, you must feel stupid now.

I don't believe posters would really think Bev had a bias against tall's and this stemmed from small man syndrome. Posters express frustration at selections and team line up in wonderful and colourful ways and that can make for entertaining reading.

Bev has finally got some talented tall forwards lets see how he goes about it not just in Round 1 but Round 1 and beyond.

English, Naughton, JUH, Darcy and Lobb would be the envy of other coaches.

Pity 2meter Peter has extended his contract with the bombers. Definitely would've been a target and a perfect fit in bevo's new look forward line. Anyway Bruce and English can move down and lend a hand when needed.

Or he looks stupid because it’s taken him this long to take my advice

Or he looks stupid because it’s taken him this long to take my advice
If Bevo is taking advice from BigFooty, his SuperCoach team is going to suck this year

Melbourne were 10-0 last year before losing some form.

They're my tip for the flag this year (unfortunately).

We will need to be on all game imo.

Hoping some Libba/Smith vs Hunter contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love him, or deride him, Zaine Cordy gave me one of the best feelings in my life at approx 2:50pm on the 1st October 2016:

3955b78e4f1424c1d36c776c1ced04474a7a2482

What a waste it was bringing Jones, Lobb and Darcy to the club.

Surely we’d have just as much chance beating the Dees tomorrow night if we’d persisted with Cordy, Sweet and Trengove as the 6th, 7th and 8th KPP’s?
To be fair though anyone that complained about the lack of talls & ‘structure’ in the side, also complained about the lack of recruiting direction to talls too - they went hand in hand.

It’s not that I only wanted Sweet in the team, it’s that he was the only ******* other option on the list for several years

To be fair though anyone that complained about the lack of talls & ‘structure’ in the side, also complained about the lack of recruiting direction to talls too - they went hand in hand.

It’s not that I only wanted Sweet in the team, it’s that he was the only ******* other option on the list for several years

I think there’s a clear difference between being critical of our lack of talls and demanding the coaches play the sub par ones we had on our list.

I agree, we’ve dropped our bundle over the last few years with the lack of talls on our list. The plethora we have now is comforting, but I’m not convinced the 8 talls in the starting 22 is the way to go. I’m 50/50 at this stage, confident it can work, probably because of the off season ego most supporters develops. But at the same time, playing more talls and less smalls/meds can throw the balance right out and create a bigger workload for our midfield when required to work harder without the ball. Ours aren’t exactly recently known for standing up and finding another gear when required. Particularly our last season

The Dees looking a little top heavy too. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out with the new look Bevo’s Big Boys.

I’m predicting a fast start for the Dogs and a slow slog from half time in a tight contest. Hopefully the balance with our talls/smalls doesn’t cost us late in the game.

To match Hunter and Langdon we'll probably rotate a few through the wings. Williams gets a run after Baker & Scott
I like the aerial mismatch of Hunter v Williams. Hunter can barely get off the ground if we isolate horse aerially.

Was reasonable last night but literally stood and watched Lynch mark it directly in front with 30 seconds to go. Was 1m away

That was weird as not only Young had the opportunity to kill that ball in so did Weitering and McGovern and between them it didn’t get done.
Young was in best position to get job done. He had a good game and is coming on nicely for the Blues.

For those with general admission tickets like me, here are all the bays available for us to sit in tomorrow night! Our cheersquad is aisle 33 on Level 1, with the bays around it being general admission.

Light blue bays are partial bays while the dark blue bays are completely general admission.
59AF5640-1803-4B86-B543-4D79FE003A3B.jpeg
38215E5D-3770-485F-A706-5A3D2495F820.jpeg A0CF542A-CF07-44F3-875B-26B02D63FCA5.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back