Opinion Dees V Dogs - Sunday MCG 1.00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite remarkable that in the 8 seasons since 2016, we've only been able to attend a single round 1 opening game as the home side (vs Swans in 2019 with the Marvel guernsey), including none in the last 5 seasons.
At this rate AFL will keep scheduling us to play Melbourne away round 1 until we beat them so letā€™s just get it over with.

I'm so bloody sick and tired of playing and getting beaten by this p***ant club in Round 1, so let's just get it done today.

Also, what makes people actually scared of this Melbourne team? I couldn't be less scared.

At this rate AFL will keep scheduling us to play Melbourne away round 1 until we beat them so letā€™s just get it over with.
I still love that in 2022 they setup the new tradition of a Round 1 Grand Final rematch, which lasted 1 season only and just happened to be the one we were the runners up.

I still love that in 2022 they setup the new tradition of a Round 1 Grand Final rematch, which lasted 1 season only and just happened to be the one we were the runners up.
Best part was their hopes of it getting to 80k people in attendance, they expected dogs supporters to show up on a Wednesday across city like the same fielded team didnā€™t just pull our pants down a few months earlier and our biggest offseason news was recruiting Tim OBrien.

Then we lost the game in almost the exact same manner.

AFL - Masters of scheduling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like our most important game in a long time today. I for one am nervous as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Best part was their hopes of it getting to 80k people in attendance, they expected dogs supporters to show up on a Wednesday across city like the same fielded team didnā€™t just pull our pants down a few months earlier and our biggest offseason news was recruiting Tim OBrien.

And Melbourne were meant to go back to back, remember? šŸ¤£

Friends of mine went to Melbourne for finals month, expecting to make up for the disappointment of not being able to attend the 21 GF by being there for the anticipated run of triumphs culminating in another flag. Oops!

After that West Coast lost last year. I now go to every Bulldogs game and quote from Forest Gump. Life is like a Western Bulldogs football game you never know what you're going to get :)

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm more like the guy in Animal House.

In one ear, an angel is whispering "but we've reinvigorated the coaches, Sanders looks awesome, Coffield will be good, so many youngsters with a good preseason, Demons are a mess"

In the other a devil is countering "Don't listen to that idiot, you've been burnt too many times, these pr1cks do it to us every time..."

Bevo in November: ā€œthe team that represents the football club against Melbourne in round 1 at the MCG will be our fittest, strongest and most ready team that has ever taken the field in the 9 years Iā€™ve been hereā€.

Iā€™m excited

Unsure what to expect. Will have more than a quarter of the team different on the ground at any one time, different game style and new coaching panel. All of which will take some time to gel.

Playing a team top 4 for the last 3 seasons, a stronger team than last week, which has already played a game.

Like our team and how we looked pre season but not sure how that will play out round 1

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weā€™ve gone with speed speed speed. Dees have a lot of lumbering slow talls. JVR, BB, Tmac.

Could be the opposite of round one last year when we went way too tall. Weā€™ve obviously done this for a reason and I think the new assistant coaches have had a big say in how he set up the team for this match.

I think we definitely should be winning the game, but how it plays out in reality has me cautiously optimistic.

Such an indictment on the Dees fans. Missed the flag in person and donā€™t rock up for the flag presentation.

We were starting to get a good thing happening with the Collingwood Friday night Rd 1 before this, annoyed that has now fallen away

We were starting to get a good thing happening with the Collingwood Friday night Rd 1 before this, annoyed that has now fallen away
Unless this round 1 vs Melbourne becomes a set thing, and is actually rotated between the MCG and Marvel, we must be the only club in the AFL without a regular annual fixture game. Not that we ever properly had Good Friday, but just shows how much of a joke losing that game was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back