AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Former North Melbourne coach Dani Laidley is being considered for the senior coaching vacancy after putting her hand up for a return to the game. Laidley coached the Kangaroos 149 times between 2003 and 2009, before stints as an assistant coach at Port Adelaide, St Kilda and Essendon.

Bains said the club is currently at various stages of interviewing candidates and is aiming to appoint a senior coach within the next week, as well as a general manager of women's football and player welfare manager within the next month.

Tamara Hyett appointed coach. Big job ahead of her.

I've long looked forward to a female coaching the AFLW team, appointed on merit of course. I think in the long-term this will benefit the club more broadly, and the AFLW competition as well.

I wonder how many golfers on all 4 club lists will be keen for a chat and a hit though... 🙂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a good article from a footy journo who has done their homework and can back up their contentions with facts and statistics.

More of this please.

This is a good article from a footy journo who has done their homework and can back up their contentions with facts and statistics.

More of this please.
To see in black and white how we got plundered is depressing.

However we need to improve in a number of areas, fitness and conditioning being two important ones. We need to once again be ahead of the game.

The only dry amusement I get is that apart from Melbourne as the other pioneer club, none of the others have won a premiership.

Not surprising really, even though it was her decision it seems like the club is clearing close to the entire department out from the 2023 season.

The search for the two new assistant coaches will begin following the appointment of the GM of women's footy, which should be in the next week or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back