News Aaron Young signs with Keith

Remove this Banner Ad

This is great news by the way. Was apparently all set to go to Richmond last trade period if we could've worked a deal, which we couldn't. Brilliant stuff. I wasn't a believer but well and truly am now.

Well that just adds to our excellent record of trading outcomes with Richmond ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to be really interesting to see how Youngy goes against the Bulldogs. Youngy has been benefiting from being probably being the 4th or 5th forward that teams worry about. Obviously opposition think that 4 goals and a few touches from Aaron Young is less damaging than the same from Chad, Westy or Dixon. But in the Doggies we face the best defence in the league and it is very much a team defence with a number of unheralded players. Wouldn't be surprised if he can't get that usual space he has been able to find.

Young has been a revelation. Putting his year in perspective — he’s played less games than some of the competition’s recognised star forwards but has kicked only three goals less than Adelaide’s Eddie Betts, two less than Crows captain Taylor Walker and North’s Jarrad Waite and one less than Richmond’s best forward Jack Riewoldt.

“I haven’t spent a whole lot of time up forward,” Young said. “I’ve probably been more mid and a lot of time as sub, so it’s been really enjoyable to get up forward and kick a few goals.”

The 23-year-old missed selection in the opening round against St Kilda, came in and kicked four goals against the Crows in the second round and has not looked back.

He said his secret was being fully fit this year after shoulder surgery restricted his 2015 pre-season, which led to a topsy-turvy year in an out of the senior side.

“I had a really strong pre-season, I didn’t have any operations in the off season,” Young told The Australian.

www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/...port.../1874084354710cebdfec44b8c7eaa8a0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young has been a revelation. Putting his year in perspective — he’s played less games than some of the competition’s recognised star forwards but has kicked only three goals less than Adelaide’s Eddie Betts, two less than Crows captain Taylor Walker and North’s Jarrad Waite and one less than Richmond’s best forward Jack Riewoldt.

“I haven’t spent a whole lot of time up forward,” Young said. “I’ve probably been more mid and a lot of time as sub, so it’s been really enjoyable to get up forward and kick a few goals.”

The 23-year-old missed selection in the opening round against St Kilda, came in and kicked four goals against the Crows in the second round and has not looked back.

He said his secret was being fully fit this year after shoulder surgery restricted his 2015 pre-season, which led to a topsy-turvy year in an out of the senior side.

“I had a really strong pre-season, I didn’t have any operations in the off season,” Young told The Australian.

www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/...port.../1874084354710cebdfec44b8c7eaa8a0
We've found a few diamonds this year

What effort. Hes not waiting to go anywhere. Have you ever in your life herd that from a crows player?
I think the exact phrase used was what Port are doing to keep him at Alberton. Anyway, all(well, probably not much at all) will be revealed.
To be honest, the idea that a player who has been on the edge of the 22 being hot property for other teams after 25 goals in 10 games is stretching it a bit. If he kicks 50 this year then the vultures may start circling.

I think the exact phrase used was what Port are doing to keep him at Alberton. Anyway, all(well, probably not much at all) will be revealed.
To be honest, the idea that a player who has been on the edge of the 22 being hot property for other teams after 25 goals in 10 games is stretching it a bit. If he kicks 50 this year then the vultures may start circling.
After hearing his interview last night he'll be stitched up long before they get a chance to even get their interest past his manager, he's more than happy at the club a deal will more than likely get done in the next few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back