ACDC question

Remove this Banner Ad

Link please.
431178_06de33632389fc4c9167b3c388c7ccc3.jpg

Love it! I stumbled into a quirky little pub in Brunswick a few years back and there was this magnificent pic of Bon, pulling his jeans down, big ol grin on his face. Spent hours having a beer and taking it in.

I think the saddest thing about Malcolm passing, is he was such a fiercely private man, I don't think much detail of his private life will be divulged now, or ever. The man on the Highway cover, and the poster on my wall as a kid, will forever be a mystery.

Ride On, Malcolm.

Bon Scott years were amazing but probably had a limited life span as the boys were just enjoying life. Bon's death probably allowed a bit of change and professionalism to enter the band.

Without the longevity the ensued they would have been in the calibre of, but slightly higher than, LRB or the Angels.

But history now records them as our greatest ever.

Love it! I stumbled into a quirky little pub in Brunswick a few years back and there was this magnificent pic of Bon, pulling his jeans down, big ol grin on his face. Spent hours having a beer and taking it in.

I think the saddest thing about Malcolm passing, is he was such a fiercely private man, I don't think much detail of his private life will be divulged now, or ever. The man on the Highway cover, and the poster on my wall as a kid, will forever be a mystery.

Ride On, Malcolm.

Malcolm always said stuff worth listening to when he did speak though. He gave honest answers and rarely avoided questions with jokes like Angus does, and I don't think he ever brown nosed other musos, always putting AC/DC first. One of the few musicians you could say who's favorite band was the one they were in. I don't know how much Angus thinks about the industry and the scene but I bet it isn't as thorough as Malcolm did.

Sent from mTalk

Bon Scott years were amazing but probably had a limited life span as the boys were just enjoying life. Bon's death probably allowed a bit of change and professionalism to enter the band.

Without the longevity the ensued they would have been in the calibre of, but slightly higher than, LRB or the Angels.

But history now records them as our greatest ever.

Nah, AC/DC were well on their way with Highway to Hell. That album and tour still done more than almost every other Aussie band did in the states in their careers.

People look at Back in Black overshadowing what came before, but forget, it is the second biggest album of all time. It overshadows everything and set an impossible standard that only one other person will ever match and that is Michael Jackson.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:
Nah, AC/DC were well on their way with Highway to Hell. That album and tour still done more than almost every other Aussie band did in the states in their careers.

People look at Back in Black overshadowing what came before, but forget, it is the second biggest album of all time. It set an impossible standard that only one other person will ever match and that is Michael Jackson.

Sent from mTalk

good point

but how long do you think AC/DC would have been able to physically continue with the level of alcohol and drug taking? Do you think they would have cracked the US market with Bon at the helm or would banging chicks after playing in a pub been enough reward?

oh and highway to hell was an awesome album!

I thought all the music written for the H2H follow up was ditched after Bon died and BiB was completely fresh.

Sent from mTalk

Not according to Angus. He said in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine that the album which they had been working on was finished after Bons death.

"How were you able to carry on after his death?

Well, Bon was a frontman, and a very exciting frontman. Plus, offstage he was just a character you knew and loved. We knew we could never replace that. My brother got me together to finish off the tracks we were working on at the time of his death. He said, "We'll lock the doors, take the phone off the hook, and we can at least finish what we started." And it was after that that the guy who was managing us at the time contacted us and said, "Have you any interest in hearing anyone?" And we thought about it, and that made us even more depressed. But then we thought, "Well, we're gonna need someone to sing the songs."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2003-ac-dc-20030228

Rolling Stone:Have you ever thought about quitting?

Angus: The only time was when Bon died. We were in doubt about what to do but we had songs that he had written and wanted to finish the songs. We thought it would be our tribute to Bon and that album became Back in Black. We didn't even know if people would even accept it. But it was probably one of out biggest albums and the success of that kept it going. We were on the road with that album for about two years so it was like therapy for the band after Bon's death.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good point

but how long do you think AC/DC would have been able to physically continue with the level of alcohol and drug taking? Do you think they would have cracked the US market with Bon at the helm or would banging chicks after playing in a pub been enough reward?

oh and highway to hell was an awesome album!

Bon wanted superstardom too despite being down to earth. As he said, the more people that come to see us, the harder we play.

Sent from mTalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back