Senior 5. Adam Cerra

Remove this Banner Ad

First of all welcome to the Baggers Adam, thrilled to have you here mate.

Secondly I have to fess up and admit I was wrong about the details of the trade, I was sure pick 25 (ish) would be part of the deal, never been happier to be proven wrong.

It's probably for the best I am not in a position to carry out negotiations.

Great to have another Italian at the club too 👍👍👍

Imagine if Voss can help Crippa return to his AA form...

Walshy, Cerra and Crippa

Welcome aboard Adam!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I am actually really intrigued and excited by how Vossy will work with Paddy Dow and hopefully let the lad take his game to another level and more consistency

Not sold on this trade. To me, Cerra is another midfielder who doesn’t kick goals. Happy to be proven wrong but 16 goals in 76 games isn’t setting the world on fire
Would it help you to know that, in terms of disposal inside 50, his is inside the top 5 players in the comp which result in a mark?

Think of it this way: we had Jack Silvagni as our best disposer inside forward 50 until about halfway through this season when Dow stepped up. Then, LOB came into the ones, and nailed 8+ kicks in a single game. We know Martin and Williams can do it; we also know they've been injured this year. We've seen Saad do it. We've seen Fisher do it.

More players disposing to our forward's advantage is to our overall benefit. We have 2 strong marking KPF, and around 5 mediums who are better than average for their size at contested marking. Better kicking to advantage enhances that advantage significantly.

Between Carlton under Teague paying negligable interest in defense and undermining Russell and the addition of yet more players who are going to hit targets inside forward 50 (without prejudicing our ability to tackle; view Cerra as Murphy's replacement if you need to) we become between 3 and 6 goals better every week.

Yep. It’s not the goals. It’s the delivery and his I50s entry count that will assist in impacting the scoreboard harder. If we get Dow somehow to step up a level alongside AC, watch out.

Like I said, Cerra and Walsh next to Cripps and Hewett with secondary brigade of Ed and Dow, Kennedy and Stocker. It’s all there.

Really excited by Cerra. Walsh the hard runner and Cerra with the poise and kick. Just slowly we are eliminating the bad kickers and poor decision makers from our midfield.

Really excited now for 22.

In terms of guys that are winners in their position…
Walsh
Weitering
Saad
Z Williams
Docherty
Stocker ( a bit ahead of myself)
Mckay
C Curnow (hopefully)
Martin
Cerra

Guys who are 50/50 and combative
Jones
Silvagni
Cripps
Kennedy
Hewett

Guys to cross your fingers over with more than just hope on their side
Carroll
Kemp
TDK
Fisher
Cunners
Durdin
Philp
Honey
others

And the good news doesn’t stop there. We have delisted some of the key offenders that completely screw up defensive transition in Casbault, Murphy, Betts and Gibbons.

Heard Cerra's interview on Sports Day. He sounds like an impressive young man. Really level headed. Sounded genuinely excited when saying he caught up with Crippa. Even when the hosts tried to stitch him up by asking him about Greene's suspension and asked him wether 3 or 6 games was right. He took it in his stride and just moved on.
He also sounded pretty excited about the number 5 jumper being freed up.
Super excited for next season. Hopefully an injury free pre-season has everyone fit and firing to smash the Tigers in Round 1

That press conference video the club has put it is a must watch.

If you watch that and don't get excited, I don't know what will.

These are what got me counting the days for Round 1:

1. Cerra. He is a guy that knows what he wants. Obviously highly intelligent and very relatable regarding family bond. He seems to be the kind that is well liked as a person, as a teammate and as a coachable player. He also seems to see what we're all starting to see in the club. That shift into a new direction. There seems to be a collective that felt missing this season. He can see that and wants to be part of it.

2. Most impressive thing about that interview is not only what Crippa did in reaching out and talking to him, but it wasn't Cripps selling the club to Cerra, it was Cerra trying to get to know the club. His mind was already made up by then.

3. Another thing that got me excited was the comment that Cripps is "very excited about the Direction the club is taking". This spoke volumes. It said that Cripps wasn't really satisfied with the previous coach/coaching (which has been rumoured) and that he is very happy and is excited that we went for the Voss solution.

4. Melbourne was never really into the equation. He seems set on Carlton and saw himself only here.

5. For whatever reason I actually think his girlfriend and her family played a role in him choosing us really early on. I mean a Carlton supporting family and Carlton is the first and at the start only option, of course they would say a word here and there. So when we start to know who she is from B&F and Brownlow attendance, she'll always be my favourite.

Heard Cerra's interview on Sports Day. He sounds like an impressive young man. Really level headed. Sounded genuinely excited when saying he caught up with Crippa. Even when the hosts tried to stitch him up by asking him about Greene's suspension and asked him wether 3 or 6 games was right. He took it in his stride and just moved on.
He also sounded pretty excited about the number 5 jumper being freed up.
Super excited for next season. Hopefully an injury free pre-season has everyone fit and firing to smash the Tigers in Round 1

Welcome Cerra.

Pick 6 Future 3rd for a 22yo young star of the competition is a fair deal for both clubs.

Straight in the middle with Walshy Crippa & Co.

Very excited to see Adam in Navy Blue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sold on this trade. To me, Cerra is another midfielder who doesn’t kick goals. Happy to be proven wrong but 16 goals in 76 games isn’t setting the world on fire

Luckily we have forwards to do that.

Kicking goals isn’t our issue, hard running mids who run both ways to help defend and win there own ball is our issue.

Anyone else thinks that having Cerra there would push Dow along even more?

Cerra was in the same draft as Dow. Dow was more highly touted as in his draft year, but Cerra has gone way pass Dow now.

I’m still hoping & waiting for Dow to click (LOB too) - Break Out year from Dow!

Push Dow out of the team all together more likely.

Push Dow out of the team all together more likely.

That might happen, but I do think they're very different players who can bring complimentary things to the game. No player can be everything (except possibly Sam Walsh).

A not-unrealistic dream is that Dow continues his late-season surge and becomes an explosive clearance player. Even if he plays limited game time, he can be a high-impact piece of a good midfield, rotating from centre square to bench.

Cerra is much more likely to be more consistent, play more minutes, but less likely to "tear anything apart". I get some Prestia-to-Richmond sense about Cerra in terms of role and list build. Unlikely to ever stand out as the star, but might just become one of the most important, consistent elements of a strong unit.

Vossy has such an infectious smile, you can see the passion and persona in every interaction.

Makes for a nice change from the monotone version prior to that.

A more controlled / adult version of Bolts (who was like a kid in a candy store sometimes especially handing Weitering his jumper on draft night!).

Between Carlton under Teague paying negligable interest in defense and undermining Russell and the addition of yet more players who are going to hit targets inside forward 50 (without prejudicing our ability to tackle; view Cerra as Murphy's replacement if you need to) we become between 3 and 6 goals better every week.

Is that a fact Gethelred or something you simply hope is true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back